Everything The Same But Why?

Just a few obsevations on scores on day 1 in Bangor.

Adam Raga is without doubt a cut above the others indoor, precision skill and control but in the outdoor his score is 20% more, I can't get my head round that?

Doug had the most cleans 17 vs. 15 for fuji, expect this to tell today, he will win.

Why is grimbo twice the top boys scores? Is it because he has been training alot in Spain? Expect a much better result day 2.

Come on you other brits, Shaun Morris scores his first point although well behind his old rival Blazusiak, Sam Connor has at least not finished 15th or 16th, he needs a good score although I know he has an injured ankle.What is David Pye doing, one 3 all day, think its time to get behind the ropes and spectate!

The juniors, watch out for Laia Sainz, I think Tom Sagar should give up enduros and get practicing, getting beaten by a girl!

She's not far behind the top two either, well done her.

Edited by Nigel Dabster

Got to agree with you Nigel, every year I hear this is the one for Raga, when will he start producing the goods, this isn't the predictable back wheel hopping indoors on dry pavement, it's proper trials in mud and not so sure grip, Spain, his home ground a few days back on wet ground the same result.

Yeah, it sounds like a sky sports reporters comments " when the chips are down" or "when he's got something to prove" he always seems to do it, not at all sure why though.

Raga and Caby were a bit behind aswell, don't just beat them give them the cane!

Shaun Morris has made a good start though all credit to him, thought Sam Connor had the experience now to best him but 5 brits in the top 15 ain't bad. Bou is coming on strong and looking at Colomers' prodigy it looks like Spain has got the next world champ but not before Doug does EIGHT!

Pye got 2 threes all weekend, nice try son.

Truth is on the world rounds, the fat lady hasn't got her knickers on yet!! never mind started singing, but a bit of mud in Japan and the USA would be nice for the English contingent, I would expect to see more from Raga in coming rounds, but I can't see him having his own way like the indoors.

Guest Scottie

Thanks Gav. Yes I am gutted that I couldn't get up on the podium yesterday. I was told in January that the rules were the same as previous years and although I am not 21 till the end of the year I could still compete. Then I get a phone call mid March to say they changed the rules. The ferry and everything was paid for so we went along for the experience. Look at it from the Spaniards point of veiw - one less Brit to take the points away from them?? I made a some silly mistakes on the first day - hitting tape and knocking a couple of cards but had a much better ride yesterday. Although it's a dissapointment not being able to get points it was still a valuable experience. Really pleased that Doug pulled it back yesterday. Hope he can win it again for the Brits.

Gary

Edited by Scottie

Colomer's got a new prodigy Fajardo who is definitley one for the future. It was a mystery why Colomer was riding round with Fajardo and not competing. Retired through injury?

Doug on the second day was absolutely awesome. When he cleaned section 2, much to the crowds great delight, you just knew it was going to be his day. Then he went on to clean section 7, which seemed almost impossible, using a different line to everyone else. Pure magic. He was on fire and everyone sensed it.

The most unlucky ride of the day most have been Sam Connor on section 7. He got through the hardest part of the section on 1. Apart from Doug no one else came even close. Then on the final part of the section his bike died on him causing him to 5 what looked like a fantastic ride.

All in all it was a great weekend, some awesome riding. Wasn't Laia Sanz an excellent rider. It is no discredit to any of the riders to have finished behind her. Blazusiak also looks a much improved rider and could be a big surprise this year.

All in all I think its going to be one hell of a year. But having watched all the riders I believe even stronger that Doug will retain the crown, Fujigas will once more finish runner up. But 3rd spot I'm not so sure on.

It was a mystery why Colomer was riding round with Fajardo and not competing. Retired through injury?

No mystery..... there was a press release some weeks ago where Colomer stated he was only going to do selected rounds.

Ian.