Hrc Traction Control

rapid roy

mattylad Posted Today, 12:00 PM

Unless I'm very much mistaken it will be attached to the right hand bar end!!

Good answer!

If it is true then it sort defeats the object of 'trials'

'man and machine versus obstacle'. :guinness:

'man on machine controlled by computer' does'nt seem to have the same ring to it!!!! :D

On the plus side, we could all be potential super stars if we have the balls to hang on. :o

:D If this is true then you would need to have the ability to turn it off when you need to 'burn for grip'.

Just ask anyone (in wintry conditions)who has a 2 wheel drive car with traction control, it's not the miracle solution it is made out to be. :guinness:

Why shouldn't they experiment with it. While they're at it how about ABS and 2 wheel drive. I would like to see the world championship level as an experimentation ground for new ideas. After all isn't that how the mono shock came about. Sure they have to stick within the regulations but why should we criticise them for trying new things out. Maybe just maybe some of these ideas may become production items in a few years time.

Could be true! I watched a program on t.v the other night ,saying they are allowing traction control in super bike and gp racing to reduce accidents from sliding out on corners.

It was a very interesting show called "crash science" on the national geographic channel. Worth watching if you get that channel. It was all about how technology has been used in road bike racing to make it a safer sport.

imagine the cost of it all to start with, the cost of bikes would rocket up due to this new technology as they seem to do with any thing nowadays but imagine them like myself who in future years with only a part time job have to save up for a new bike, would put alot of youngsters off which would make a not so popular sport even less popular. also world rounds etc etc the steps would get bigger and bigger and more and more technical so less and less riders would ride because the standard of riding would be immense. it would also take away the fun and testing part of any trial, finding traction which i think is the key to been a good rider so it would take away aspects of trials. so if hrc want to try and experiment with traction control then go ahead just dont bring it out in a sport where traction is one of the major issues of the sport

just what i think

coxy

Traction control.... peanuts to HRC. Remember six cylinder 250's? Oval pistons? etc etc

If HRC think that spending 1,000,000 yen on their GP bike will give them 1/100 th of a second per lap then they will do it. No questions.. do it.

Similarly, if they think developing traction control on a trials bike will save their WTC riders 1 mark a lap, then to HRC it's a good idea!

How that effects us at the bottom of the sport is totally irrelevant.

It's this kind of development that moves technology on. The Japanese are good at this and I for one welcome it.

If it gives an unfair advantage or ruins the sport then it's up to the Governing bodies to create a level playing field with the use of regulations.

What governing bodie's scorpa, honda/ montesa is the ferrari of trial's.

If it is true and that's a big if,there obviously want to bring it to the mainstream,that mean's your get rider's turning up at club trial's with them.

What would you do turn those rider's away for unfair advantage.

Edited by bilco

Sounds like a new class at the club trials! You know what I mean. Pleae indicate class entered:- twin shock, pre 65, old mono, traction mono, 2WD, maybe electric as well. Its going to be hard finding enough different coloured markers.

Sounds like a new class at the club trials! You know what I mean. Pleae indicate class entered:- twin shock, pre 65, old mono, traction mono, 2WD, maybe electric as well. Its going to be hard finding enough different coloured markers.

:D you got it micm.

If that don't break trial's in half nothing will :guinness:

If it is true and that's a big if,there obviously want to bring it to the mainstream,that mean's your get rider's turning up at club trial's with them.

We are talking about the natural progression of competition machines. Just look at some of ythe ideas Sammy Miller, Mick Grant, Jon Bliss and the like have experimented with over the years.

I don't believe traction control will turn out to be an advantage, but I'm all for manufacturers trying it and anything else they think might work.

If (and as you say it's a big IF) riders start turning up at club trials with traction control (or any other mechanical aid), it means that the technology has worked and has been introduced at an affordable price and accepted by the Governing bodies.

There will be classes for machines which do not have the technology. The best riders will still win.

Did we turn away the first mono shock machines when they were introduced?

Did we turn away tubless tyres?

Did we turn away light weight machines with no seats?

We are talking about the natural progression of competition machines. Just look at some of ythe ideas Sammy Miller, Mick Grant, Jon Bliss and the like have experimented with over the years.

I don't believe traction control will turn out to be an advantage, but I'm all for manufacturers trying it and anything else they think might work.

If (and as you say it's a big IF) riders start turning up at club trials with traction control (or any other mechanical aid), it means that the technology has worked and has been introduced at an affordable price and accepted by the Governing bodies.

There will be classes for machines which do not have the technology. The best riders will still win.

Did we turn away the first mono shock machines when they were introduced?

Did we turn away tubless tyres?

Did we turn away light weight machines with no seats?

Don't get me wrong im not against technology to trial's bike's at all.As long as it's just structual.

The manufacture's have probaly run out of idea's of how to make the bike's leaner and meaner,which will mean rider's won't have the need to upgrade there bike's every year which mean's no revenue for the manufacture,now there thinking of new idea's of how to capture the punter's,if you think company's like honda are in it for the love of trial's your be wrong,it's about money in the bank to them.

It just seem's crazy to me,that a sport that is all about the skill of a rider's throttle control would want traction control,surely it's just wrong having a computer onboard correcting the rider's mistake's.

Time will tell i guess. :guinness: