Bou New Indoor Champ

Andy

Congrats to Senor Bou for winning so convincingly on a bike that the" know it alls" said couldn't win Indoors.

Also congrats to Caby for making it interesting. Even with Bou and Caby both missing a final due to mechanicals it looks like they will finish 1 - 2 for the Championship.

As for the Lampkins. They are a credit to our sport.

Edited by for artie

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dougie's success has undoubteldy increased the profile of trials not just in the UK but worldwide. He is a true and model professional as well as the sports most successful rider. Having been lucky enough to have met Doug on several occassions what really strikes me about the guy is how down to earth he is, always willing to stop and talk.

Whilst Eddy L might not think him an ambassador for the sport I'm sure i'm not alone in absolutely disagreeing 100%.

It will be a sad day for the sport when Doug eventually does hang up his Alpine Stars but I still think there's a few years left in him and at least a 100 WTC win and possibly a number 8 title.

lampkins years on the scene are now numbered and when he retires i for one will be glad as he is no real ambassador for the sport.

Question me and il gladly answer.

Expand a little on what you've said. Why isn't Dougie an ambassador for the sport?

Congratulations to Toni a great win great for some-one else other than that big headed plank Raga to win.

lampkins years on the scene are now numbered and when he retires i for one will be glad as he is no real ambassador for the sport.

Question me and il gladly answer.

Bit off topic but think you may have opened a can of worms with this coment. I cant see for the life of me how you can say that the Lampkins are not ambassadors for the sport I can't think of a better family to promote the sport in the UK or worldwide.

Edited by Dab-man

I agree with the previous poster that Dougie and Fuji have been hiding behind this getting used to the new 4RT for far to long. Bou has proven the 4RT is a world beater. Well done that man. Hope he can repeat his performances outdoor.

Besides that the shear number of 4RTs in this years SSDT speak volumes.

VIVA MONTESA !!!!!!!!!

Edited by Flash

I don't think for one minute that Fuji and Doug have been hiding behind the 4RT indoors. The simple truth is they are not as good indoors as the young Spanish riders, who also have the added advantage of a domestic indoors championship.

However, outdoors is where its really at.

On his day is a bit of a sweeping statement.

To win a WTC you have to be on your day more often than the opposition is. Thats how Bou has won the indoor WTC.

I notice in the Montesa HRC Report all 3 riders refer to 'the Team'. Could this new found 'team spirit' lead to a Montesa HRC 1-2-3 in the outdoor WTC?

It is undoubtedly one hell of a team.

Edited by Cota Kid

Have to agree with most of the sentiments......WELL DONE TONI.. :thumbup: Whatever you do though don't go and borrow Adam's cape and crown, it'll endear you to nobody.

What I don't agree with, like others, is EL's BS about Doug and the Lampkin family not being great ambassadors for the sport, perhaps EL needs a reality check.

If you look at our sport there are a few names synonymous with the sport and the UK, Miller, Andrews and most of all Lampkin and not just Doug but Martin, John, Arthur, Alan, the whole lot. To borrow a word from cycling, the Family's "palmares" is vast, how many titles, how many championships: you all know the numbers.

I don't know what EL defines as an ambassador but if someone who represents the UK at the highest levels in their chosen field well I guess Dougie fits the bill rather well.

I have to agree 110% with Slapshot, for me the Lampkins are THE trials family.

Only the other day I sent an email to John Hulme suggesting that a series in the YOU HAVE USED WORDS OR A PHRASE WHICH ARE NOT PERMITTED ON THIS WEBSITE. PLEASE DELETE YOUR POST/TOPIC. DO NOT TRY TO CIRCUMVENT THE FILTERS IN PLACE ON THIS WEBSITE charting the Lampkin family would follow the Vesty article nicely.

By an unfortunate twist of fate, I believe the next edition will include an article on Eddie Lejeune; Hopefully the real one rather than the TC imposter with unusual opinions.

Edited by RuffRider

By an unfortunate twist of fate, I believe the next edition will include an article on Eddie Lejeune; Hopefully the real one rather than the TC imposter with unusual opinions.

:thumbup: you must admit though with each and every post the lad posts he gets everyone going including myself! maybe he does just post too wind us up?

:thumbup: you must admit though with each and every post the lad posts he gets everyone going including myself! maybe he does just post too wind us up?

I'm saying nowt else but you remember the "billy goats gruff" story from your childhood, who guarded the bridge????????

Congratulations to Bou....could he help Doug and Fuji to bigger and better things in the indoor championship?

Some opionions on this thread leave me with a bitter taste. Why? Lampkin is an ambassodor as 99% of us will agree. However if you've a childs mentality who needs to grow up then you'd see this different.

Edited by spud