Cheadle A/b Round Two

as iow

OK so round two of the British youth A/B championships Sunday and i think it's all about who will come second to the JLI Beta UK boy's Challoner & Sheppard. Youth B must have MRS team member Richard Sadler looking to push Sheppard all the way but as for A class, who know's :angry:

I think that the team Gas Gas UK riders had a Sh*t day at Dod park and will come to Cheadle full of fire & venom and out to make a point.

The only twist in the tail is the fact that the Cheadle round has a reputation for being an easy trial and at easy trials mistakes pay dear.

Anyway at 10am Sunday the Bull Sh*t will stop, and Five & half hour later we will see who's boss. :thumbup:

The only twist in the tail is the fact that the Cheadle round has a reputation for being an easy trial and at easy trials mistakes pay dear.

Lets hope it does'nt live up to its reputation!

Could be really good trial, cos the venue is good.

Just need to go over the rocks instead of round them.

At the end of the day it is a 'British Championship'

I'd be wary about this one. Cheadle do need to up their game and this might be the day. Either way it could throw up a "different" winner.

In A Class tho It would be hard to bet against JC. His dad reckoned his ride at Dob was a "slack" one and he can do a lot better. Others such As Jon Chambers were very disappointed and they will come out fighting. We haven't seen the best of Jonathan Richardson yet after the unfortunate brake problems so I'd expect a better showing with a trouble free run. Others such as Ben Morphett will want to improve and will be on the "back" of Adam Jones and co. The Gas Gas UK Runners are young so will need time to "bed" in

In B class My tips's did pretty well including Joanne Coles. Again the results could be tainted. But I'd expect the top 10 to be the same with the mix altering. NYL is out to improve having had his best result so far. He feels he should be up just behind Josh Maude(Both on Private Gas Gas 125's), who was disappointed at showing nerves on the early sections at Dob Park and given his local form should be in challenging the top two of Jack Shepard and Richard Sadler.

A few B class lads didn't show well at Dob Park as well so all those who finished in the top 10 have to be on their guard against a return to form of such as Tom Bleasdale and the improving riders like Jack Howell.

The weather may also take a part as rain is forecast so make sure the waterproof's are packed.

We'll see you all there!

Don't know about a white wash, but a wash out???? Didn't see the final results as we had to leave early because (as you might gather), I am working tonight. The Trials was a 12 section 3 lapper with the B class starting at Section 7. The Trial started in fine weather but the expected rain came down during as the B Class went thru on their first full lap and really affected the scores. I did see That after the first lap I Thought Ricky Wiggins led followed by Jack Challoner and Jonathan Richardson. Ben Morphett had only completed one lap As The B class runners begin coming thru to start their last "half" lap. Unlike Dob Park the scores were not easy to see and indeed I saw several riders trying to see their score but being unable to do so. Perhaps a bigger tent would have sorted the problem. Anyway I look forward to seeing the results on Cheadle's website.

Pos Name total

1 Jack Sheppard 10

Repsol Beta

2 Richard Sadler 36

MRS Sherco

3 Josh Maude 38

Gas Gas

4 Josh Brain 48

5 Thomas Bleasdale 52

Wren Sherco

6 Leelan Hancock 53

RCM Gas Gas

7 Thomas Maddrell 58

Road/Track Sherco

8 Joshua Hill 59

Sherco

9 William Brockbank 62

Beta Rev 3

10 Allan-Iain MacMaster 68

HLS Sherco

11 Chris Hunt 71

Gas Gas

12 Jake Evans-Luter 75

Repsol Beta

13 George Gosden 77

JST Gas Gas

14 Alistair Bedford 81

BES Beta

15 Chris Stay 85

MRS Sherco

16 Tom Stewart 89

Gas Gas

17 Leo Rochfort 90

Rocket Beta

18 Jack Howell 90

Feet-up Beta

19 Ben Millichap 94

Gas Gas

20 Daniel Knaggs 95

Sherco

21 Oliver Pickering 95

Gas Gas

22 Chris Short 106

Stevens Gas Gas

23 Ben Heane 111

In-Motion Beta

24 John Chilton 112

Beta

25 Gwynedd Jones 115

Gas Gas

26 Thomas Foulkes 120

Gas Gas

27 Jack Welch 121

Sherco

28 Max Varney 122

Farley Gas Gas

29 James Penford 123

Focus Sport Sherco

30 Liam Atkinson 124

Gas Gas

31 Oliver Pitt 124

Gas Gas

32 Bevan Blacker 124

Beta

33 Samuel Yeadon 132

Acklams Beta

34 Joel Edwards 133

AB Gas Gas

35 Jack Williamson 139

JW Beta

36 Connor Price 149

Sherco

Confirmed results:

A Class

1st Jack Challoner 33

2nd Jonatham Richardson 38

3rd Ricky Wiggins 43

4th Ben Morphet 44

5th Adam Jones 47

B Class

1st Jack Sheppard 10

2nd Richard Sadler 36

3rd Josh Maude 38

They do for what it's worth

Cheadle

I say that as they don't seem to have any results on it at all. Haven did have them from the web but I didn't get the URL. As soon as I have it I'll post it.

I have heard reports of some pretty "dodgy" observing regarding the tapes. These did move due to the weather and a number of riders were unhappy at being five'd When they'd touched them after they had moved. Queues built up as well at certain sections which didn't help. I have to say that the Marking out left a lot to be desired. I expected differnet coloured flags to mark out differences in the course not "Sign boards". Very wacky and not a standard I have ever come across.

Edited by Telecat

• 2 weeks later...