Dicko's Take On The Thumpers

ishy

Not having a go at you Ish, but this is a great example of yet another bit of promotion for a publication that refuses to even acknowledge Trials Central exists despite the extensive promotion and coverage they gain from this website.

I've given the UK version of YOU HAVE USED WORDS OR A PHRASE WHICH ARE NOT PERMITTED ON THIS WEBSITE. PLEASE DELETE YOUR POST/TOPIC. DO NOT TRY TO CIRCUMVENT THE FILTERS IN PLACE ON THIS WEBSITE extensive publicity including front page advertising and not charged a penny for it. I did that because I think it's good for the sport and I'm keen to see the Mag get off the ground. John Hulme is now hassling me for an advert he can put in the mag for Trials Central. Why? Because I supported him and his venture and he wants to return that support by giving Trials Central a bit of promotion in the mag. It's called working together for the common good of the sport - and it's working very well.

When will we see TMX and Johnston Press return the favour of the promotion and coverage they get on here? I've got the twelfth of never pencilled in my diary...

Good on you Andy, you are becoming much more commercial with this site and so you should ...... you should be able to travel the world sending vids back to the site (as you did last year) without having to worry about your day job .... i say TC should pay you at least a decent wage for your efforts.

i bought tmx this week. must have read it in 15mins. I agree, they should lose the T. every page is near enough motoX.

Good job for andy, and TC!!!!................thanks andy.

dont think il bother anymore with tmx, only for regs.

Gave up TMX some 6 months ago. Never really thought it was a good read. I always thought they should have made a Trials pull out which now days would probably only be 4 pages !

The article on the thumpers is pretty naff

They should rename T+MX to MX-T and leave Trials to the professionals - Trials Central + YOU HAVE USED WORDS OR A PHRASE WHICH ARE NOT PERMITTED ON THIS WEBSITE. PLEASE DELETE YOUR POST/TOPIC. DO NOT TRY TO CIRCUMVENT THE FILTERS IN PLACE ON THIS WEBSITE :banana2:

My old man used to say never talk to your mates about politics or religion

tmx seems to be a tory rag

i have writen to dicko a couple of times to point this out but of course if he dont agree it dont get printed

My old man used to say never talk to your mates about politics or religion

tmx seems to be a tory rag

i have writen to dicko a couple of times to point this out but of course if he dont agree it dont get printed

Nothing wrong with the Tories mate :banana2:

Reet!! have you tarts done bitching about TMX :D is it OK if I get this topic back on track ?

I'll try another angle if tha want.

A chap who's job it is to know the trials market stated in 05 "by 07, 50% of the bikes would be fourstroke. Well he fell short on his predictions, and sales were a bit slower to take off than some thought, carefull punters, waiting to see what they are like for a year, problems with some early models didn't help either.

But it looks like the tide is starting to change, could we see that 50% in the next couple of years ?.

Every chance the SSDT could be won by a fourstoke this year, and quite a large number entered.

Edited by Ishy

I truly believe that price is the main factor that is stopping the 4 strokes from having a bigger market share than they currently have. If they were significantly better than 2 strokes, then at least there would be a justification for the big jump in price. Until the playing field is levelled a bit price wise, or they can start performing better than 2strokes, I don't see it changing too much from it's current situation.

Steve