Trophies Or Not?

scorpa3

With so many different classes on offer at most club trials, at some point everyone is likely to take a class win in their trials career.

We used to give out trophies at the end of the year to the top rider in each class over a four or five round series. These would be presented at our annual prizegiving ceremony alongside the awards for our National/Centre events.

A round figure of

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you look at the results from the Lauder Trial I put on the front page last night I quite like their take on the Trophy/Award question:

"Lauder common is public owned common land, managed by the local Council. The Club do not give awards for this event , instead we give a financial contribution to the Lauder Common Good Fund - a Fund managed to help the local community and those in need in the area."

Many people in our district share the same issue with getting a trophy, they just dont care about them. One thing that we started doing at some of the local events is giving prizes instead of trophies. Like first place got a can of chain lube and air filter spray, etc. Some clubs have been presenting usable trophies, such as mugs, camping chairs and even clocks. Those items were bought in bulk and custom made. Like "Tricky Trialers Motorcycle Club, 1st Place." I think the clock idea might be cool for a year end award too. They were wooden with the class and place in the center, behind the clock hands. At our year end banquet, 1st place for the season gets a jacket, 2nd place got maybe a duffle bag, and 3rd got something else. Those items were embroidered with our district logo, place, and sometimes name. Of course we had to send in a form for our banquet. If we weren't attending the banquet, we could opt to have our stuff mailed to us. If someone didnt respond by the cut-off date... no award. So just some ideas.

Laura

Many people in our district share the same issue with getting a trophy, they just dont care about them. One thing that we started doing at some of the local events is giving prizes instead of trophies. Like first place got a can of chain lube and air filter spray, etc. Some clubs have been presenting usable trophies, such as mugs, camping chairs and even clocks. Those items were bought in bulk and custom made. Like "Tricky Trialers Motorcycle Club, 1st Place." I think the clock idea might be cool for a year end award too. They were wooden with the class and place in the center, behind the clock hands. At our year end banquet, 1st place for the season gets a jacket, 2nd place got maybe a duffle bag, and 3rd got something else. Those items were embroidered with our district logo, place, and sometimes name. Of course we had to send in a form for our banquet. If we weren't attending the banquet, we could opt to have our stuff mailed to us. If someone didnt respond by the cut-off date... no award. So just some ideas.

Laura

Some good ideas there. Thanks.

As a trophy supplier I'm excited to hear new ideas. I'd rather not do the work if it's something no one wants too. We've done stainless mugs and some very unique plaques but I'd like to have folks really love the awards and be proud to display them at home or work etc. Seems I'm always, always trying to come up with unique things.

i can never seem to get a trophy, but if i could win one, i would display and keep doing them, as some people like me may not have won one and if you give them up they could be disapointed and lose their goal to winning a trophy!!

:thumbup:

Hey

I found that my clubs are moving away from trophies.

If you win a class championship you get your name on a silver plate and keep it for a year then the next winner gets it etc.

For non-championship events some clubs give out halfords vouchers or something similar at the end of the year.

I think that this has only happened recently though as at home we have to cabinets full off trials, enduro and motocross trophies ranging from the 70s to 1994.

I like the idea of trophies and displaying them in a cabinet but the mrs and my mum hates the idea as its them who has to clean them :thumbup:

Cheers

Scott

I rode in Bikespaces Clubs Greyhound Trophy last year which was over 6 rounds if I remember correctly. I managed to win the class (by 1 ! ) but winning a trophy wasn't the motivation, it was beating the best in my class. Once I done that, I packed it in. I still havent picked the trophy up :thumbup:

Tried to think in the past about other ideas for the winners but it seems kids like to have trophies, but adults like to see their names up in lights somehwere whether it be a write up in TMX or somehwere on this site for example.

Yeah, It seems adults just like to feel good about themselves. maybe they are inadequate in bed, maybe they have a small todger , maybe they just haven't achieved anything in life! dunno what it is.. but if they win at trials it makes up for all that! :thumbup:

P.s. Spud knows what I mean :thumbup:

Yeah, It seems adults just like to feel good about themselves. maybe they are inadequate in bed, maybe they have a small todger , maybe they just haven't achieved anything in life! dunno what it is.. but if they win at trials it makes up for all that! :thumbup:

P.s. Spud knows what I mean :thumbup:

Oi!!!! If i didn't know any better AdamAnt i'd say you was having a pop at me.... :thumbup: Lets get the facts 1) Your over 40 2) You ain't got a bike 3) You is a bald badger 4) I heard you've a cocktail sausage so your missus said :thumbup:.....and you kiss Andy's hairy bottom

Edited by spud

P.s. Spud knows what I mean :rotfl:

Oi!!!! If i didn't know any better AdamAnt i'd say you was having a pop at me.... :thumbup: Lets get the facts 1) Your over 40 2) You ain't got a bike 3) You is a bald badger 4) I heard you've a cocktail sausage so your missus said :thumbup:

Actually, your missus didn't complain about my 'cocktail sausage' - She said its the biggest lump of pork shes had on her plate for ages! :thumbup:

P.s. Spud knows what I mean :rotfl:

Oi!!!! If i didn't know any better AdamAnt i'd say you was having a pop at me.... :thumbup: Lets get the facts 1) Your over 40 2) You ain't got a bike 3) You is a bald badger 4) I heard you've a cocktail sausage so your missus said :thumbup:

Actually, your missus didn't complain about my 'cocktail sausage' - She said its the biggest lump of pork shes had on her plate for ages! :thumbup:

Your missus said that whilst i was slamming her head against your headboard I was so much better than you, she was loving it