The Weekly News Paper. Is It Good Value For Money?

scorpa3

I've always bought our weekly Trials and MotoX paper... you know the one. I have it on subscription at the moment. I can remember rushing down to the shops on the way to work in the early 80's to get it. But these days I am starting to wonder if it is good value for money any more.

There are 30 pages dedicated MX, quad & Enduro and five on motorhomes.

What does everyone else think? Is

Hey

I only really buy it for regs and some times results. I ride a mixture of everything so I rely on it more than someone who only rides trials.

I find it the same as MCN for reviews. This is basically that bike manufactures/dealers pay lots of money in advertising. If test rider say all the trials bikes are rubbish compared to another make, then these manufactures/dealers will take there money elsewhere. I also find that bike are more down to personal preference than anything else so if you buy a trials bike on the back of a expert riders review then your an idiot. Don

Im sure i saw there name on this very site advertising in the site supporter advert box.

I think that is because they are the sponsors of Hawkstone Park, and the site is advertising the event not the newspaper.. Please correct me if i am wrong.

If you click where it say's T+MX it will direct you to there web site and that will tell you who they are..

Not that im bothered, it was just an observation. :thumbup:

TMX is an interesting paper; for the newcomer to trials, the Reg's section is a little baffling and the results wierd. If Barry Robinson, Simon Evans or Jack Parker cover your trial, or its Yorkshire, however good it is, you get 1-2 pages and some nice pictures. I guess thats fair enough as most of us get round to writing tedious reports only if we have the time. You mention the lack of trials info etc recently and the MotoX season is about to start :thumbup: Its had a couple of revamps in the last couple of years, but it still looks tired in some ways.

All thats said, its still a weekly paper with trials info, so perhaps we should still support it; MCN stopped doing trials regs a while ago now

Im sure i saw there name on this very site advertising in the site supporter advert box.

I think that is because they are the sponsors of Hawkstone Park, and the site is advertising the event not the newspaper.. Please correct me if i am wrong.

If you click where it say's T+MX it will direct you to there web site and that will tell you who they are..

Not that im bothered, it was just an observation. :blink:

It is, as Dougie says, the Hawkstone event that is being advertised. Clicking on it takes you to the L&M Events Hawkstone website :)