Four Stroke Montesa Pictures

ringo

Bidding starts at $4000 for a full set of digital pics.

Anyone want to know how it rides????  :wacko:

I can tell you this much, I'll be having myself a new Montesa 4 stroke

Stroken Team Full Monty

:D

Obviously many of you don't know just how close the famous cookie maker and I are.

Some people who know the famous one personally know how he likes to party.

EVERYONE knows that Team Full Monty rewrote the book on partying!

I don't think I need to tell anyone who leads Team Full Monty when it comes to outrageousnous :D

Now take a flambouyant Montesa World round rider [who stands only about as tall as my nipple ring] out on the town in AMERICA learning about the finer side of American night life and the rest is history. :wacko:

Not a bad pool player I might add. :D

BTW wondernut, what makes you think that Dougie hasn't already ridden the bike?

Ian, How the hellve ya been?

MB, incase you were going to try to call me about all this you'll have to try my new number: 976 ringo

Ahhhh, it's good to be back for a second.

Hey Ringo, good to hear from you!

I tried to find a picture of your from the USA round....couldn't find one......however, was able to find some other lazyB sitting down on the job!

Ian.

i.jpg

Nice shot Ian,

Notice the tissue he's holding in his hand. He was crying cuz he had to yell at me to get out of the sections all weekend long. I guess he didn't like it that Raga had to ride over my camera arm while shooting.

post-2-1082446453.jpg

How about the fact there isn't one!

Isn't a four stroke or isn't a picture?

If you think there isn't a four stroke then you are very mistaken. If it exists isn't in question, what's it like? how good is it? when can we buy it? There's the questions.

I saw a fourstroke prototype in 1999, I am sure there has been more than a little development since then.

If Honda do turn up with one at Japanese WTC then I don't think it will be too long before other manufacturers show us what they have. If they leave it too long they will be only accused of copying.

I reckon that unless the other manufacturers have been doing some intensive and very secret development, Honda are in the strongest position when it comes to an all-new 4-banger triallie. Like someone said elsewhere, the new CRF250 engine is tiny and on the face of it seems to have been developed with flexible application in mind.

Then there's the rumours of Sherco's 360 trials prototype using a sleeved-down version of the 450 engine from the enduro bike. GasGas already have medium-bore 4-stroke motors in the FSE models and I guess that Scorpa are talking to Yamaha about the TTR-250 (or maybe WR/YZ250F) mills. Beta have an existing relationship with Suzuki for their Alp models (albeit for the old oil/air cooled DR engines).

I don't think that there's any doubt that there'll be a whole raft of new 4-stroke trials bikes appearing over the next couple of years, but there's been a lot of effort going into 2-stroke R&D recently particuarly in the area of fuel injection so once the dust settles we might see a 2-stroke renaissance.

My completely uninformed prediction: In 5 years we'll have at least one fuel-injected, electric start, 2-stroke trials bike.

Edited by neonsurge

In Motor cycle news this week there was an article about bike development and they also predict 2-strokes will get the fuel injection sorted. They said Bimota nearly have it with the V-Due

Quote from - Motorcycle.com

"Interest in two-stroke power plants has been widespread within the motorcycle and auto industry for the last 10 years, sparked by the development of a new breed of fuel injectors by the Australian company Orbital. The new system provided a granularity of fuel atomization that made their application in a two-stroke engine a practicality. Two-strokes are of interest to the automotive industry due to their simplicity and high power-to-weight ratio - if only they weren't so dirty and fuel inefficient. Both these phenomena are caused by the two-stroke principle of using fresh, fuel-rich intake air to clean or scavenge the cylinder of exhaust gases. The tuned exhaust systems try and prevent much of this charge from escaping out of the cylinder with the exhaust gases, but a lot still does. With direct injected fuel, this is no longer a problem as air can be used to expel the exhaust gas, and the injectors only fire at the moment the exhaust ports have closed. Result is nice clean exhausts, free of unburned hydrocarbons, and un-polluted clean fresh charge waiting for the big bang of the next ignition pulse. Two-stroke heaven. "

Sorry to go a little of topic here but I find this development very interesting

Steve, that's interesting. I read about Orbital about 10 years ago in Auto Week.

At that time they were going to revolutionize the world with a super charged 2 stroke engine for automobles. The supercharger was only being used to scavange the exhaust if I remember right. I've been waiting for it to happen too.