James Dabill

marky boy

Before Doug no one had ever won more than three titles consecutively,

When Jordi took the first of his people wondered when he'd be challenged, it was only three seasons later that Tommi Ahvala took the crown. Jordi fought back and nailed the next three but when Colomer took the crown from Jordi the opposition had caught him up again...........

I don't think it matters what way you look at it Dougie Lampkin is the greatest rider in the history of our sport.

Oh and the Topic: Dibs has had a brilliant start on the 4rt and in Bosis and TRW a team that can easily motivate him into the top three in the world.

No one apart from JT who won the WTC thre times in a row in 93/94/95.

Michaud took the title from JT after 1 year - 1988, Ahvala won the WTC in 1992 - 6 years after JT first won it. Doug has not retained the title after losing it - Tarres did it TWICE

When Colomer took the title in 1996, JT knew his time was up and retired at the end of 1997 (seeing out his Gas Gas contract), he could easily have ridden 2 or 3 more years like Doug and easily have been 2nd/3rd or 4th but he wanted to go out at the top. Doug is great, but I feel he is only in it for the money now as he must know in his heart of hearts that he cannot win the WTC again. I think this will be his last year

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dabill had a great result but there is no point in getting carried away just yet as he was miles off the pace .

Surely if lampkin has won 7 titles and tarres has won 7 titles they are as good as each other? both of them were dominant in their day.

I don't think for one minute anyone is getting carried away with Dib's result, excellent though it was. Dib's has to beat Fajardo and Freixa regularly and that is going to take some doing. But he has started the season better than expected and deserves a great deal of credit.

Dabill had a great result but there is no point in getting carried away just yet as he was miles off the pace .

Surely if lampkin has won 7 titles and tarres has won 7 titles they are as good as each other? both of them were dominant in their day.

I don't think for one minute anyone is getting carried away with Dib's result, excellent though it was. Dib's has to beat Fajardo and Freixa regularly and that is going to take some doing. But he has started the season better than expected and deserves a great deal of credit.

Freixa is possible this year but a fit fajardo will be more difficult but having spoken to James and Jack I feel sure they will give it a good shot and then next year who knows?