James Dabill

marky boy

Congrats to Dibs on a well earned 6th place in Spain. Clearly not an easy trial and was well ahead of previous rivals to put a claim in for a top rider!! Seems to be going from strength to strength, clearly the talent is there and a bit more experiance of the big time wtc rounds and he is turning into a contender. He is another who seems to have adapted quickly and very well to the monty 4rt!! Nice one , you will be making cota kid proud :blink:

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From watching Dibs practising on the Saturday it was a clear to see that he looks very comfortable and confident on the TRW 300 bike. It was fantastic to see that he put that to good use in the event itself, to beat both Freixa and Fajardo in their home round is a wonderful achievement. But there is more to come, Dibs still threw away some needless points. This results shows that he is capable of breaking into the top six.

Edited by Cota Kid

Dabill seems to have gotten on well with the montesa, however i predict that blazusiak and fajardo have wrecked their careers moving to beta,

Blazusiak whilst a good rider, was never going to get to the level the top guys are at. Fajardo is an interesting one as I thought we would see him get better but he appears to have stagnated.

Eddie Lejeune .is that you world champ from years ago. if so i rode against you in canada, cool . anyways are you really down on betas , are they really that bad? i was thinking of getting a new rev 3 , or should i just get another sherco 290 ?

Exactly. Fugi had a poor start to last years season because of a broken or sore finger. Imagine how much harder it would be to recover from a broken wrist, especially at world championship level. Also he wouldn't be albe to do the intense pre-season training the other guys benifited from. I think Fajardo did remarkably well.

Edited by Chris_beta

mega ride by Dibs! was unsure about move to 4T power but appears to be doing him fine, keep it up and long may it continue

As for Fajardo, he has the skill and ability to easily be top 3 in the world, what he is lacking at the moment is the mental ability to maintain his results and cope with the pressures of staying ahead of riders he is capable of beating.

Beta have a great team of people working for them and Fajardo will be more at home with them than he was with Gas Gas where he was always in Raga's shadow.

If he stays fit and works on the mental side of his riding he can be one of the best in my opinion.

Just look what riders Beta have bought to the very top of the trials world -

Jordi Tarres

Marc Colomer

Dougie Lampkin

Toni Bou

Can any other manufacturer claim this?? NO

I cant think of a better place for Jeroni to be at the moment

Fajardo has skill and ability, yes. Top 3, no. Doug, Bou, Fujigas and Caby are all better riders and Dibs has proven he can also beat him. I haven't forgotten that he is coming back from injury but this is a problem that he keeps having.

Edited by Cota Kid

Raga and Bou - defo better at this time no question.

Doug, Fuji at this minute are better but are sadly in decline, and this time next year who knows where Doug will be or if he will even be in the WC.

With Jeroni getting adjusted to the team, getting fit, getting his head together I think he can do it. We have seen several times in the outdoors & indoors Jeroni perform the most outstanding rides one minute then crumble the next. Once he sorts this I think he 'could' do top 3 next year

As for Caba, again he is probably the most naturally gifted rider out there when he's on it. (sadly he aint on it enough) But he is now, like Doug & Fuji coming to the end of top top level riding.

Jeroni could do the same as Caba and never acheive his potential, but hopefully with the Beta family behind him this wont be the case.

PS: This is not a 'Beta' thing (am still waiting for mine to arrive) as I have been on a Gasser for ever and ever till now.

Consistancy is what makes World Champions and that's what Fajardo does not have. Great rider and on his day capable of winning a World Round but you need to be on your day more than the next guy.

I've also stated elsewhere that Dougie is not there to make up the numbers he is still one hell of a rider and can still achieve that 8th WTC.