Rev 4t

copemech

Got a play on the first one in the US at the TTC weekend! Quite nice!

Impressions are,(though quite subjective) quite strong off the bottom, much like the Honda, but will chug down to nothing where the Honda stopps running and spits you over the bars, and still recover with lots of power! After it cought me by surprize and put me on my butt, I respected it a bit more(first to crash it too) after the floater became a flip turn that I was not ready for!

Stronger in the lower revs than the 2T 250 I think! Maybe even the 270! After that it seemed to flatten out to a very rideable and linear power much like the 4T Scorpa, which is very linear all the way through the revs, and may make more power on the mid and top!

I may be starting to like this four stroke thing! :rolleyes:

M2C

All of us in the Beta camp got to see ya crash Mark ! Thanks for not crashing mine. As I got to spend some time on mine this week the power is smooth from bottom to top , want more power! roll the throttle more.

This thing is quiet !

This is just the kind of stuff I'm waiting to hear! I just sold both Gasers, and I'm thinking it's time to try something new and spice things up a little. I'm think the 4T is going to be my next bike when I get back from my TDY to Arizona. I don't know why, but I just can't get excited at all about the 4RT. Love the way the Rev 4T looks though, but have yet to actually see one. I drool over the pic I have on my computer desk top.

We do a lot of trail riding such as the Five Miles of Hell near Moab.

How do you think the 4 stroke will work for trail riding? Nice to not have to mix gas/oil.

So how was throttle response right off idle?

Does it launch off idle like a 2 stroke, say when you are trying to launch up a wall with no run, after having just made a full lock turn?

Any of the dreaded four stroke bog problem after you chop the throttle and then get right back on it?

I've heard the 4T has more flywheel action than the other 4 strokes after you chop the throttle, much like the 2 Strokes. Is that true?

The 4T has a right side kick starter. The right side kick is a must for me. Hated that left hand kicker on that 90 Zero we had. Easy to use?

Does it look as sweet in person as it does in the pics?? :crying:

And the big question...can a mere mortal start the darn thing easily...hot, cold and otherwise??!! :rolleyes:

i had a rev 4 for a full day last weekend and it was fantastic, i rode sections on my 4rt then jumped on the rev 4 it

felt so much better, well balanced, lighter, found grip better, only one thing i noticed it was a bit fluffy off idle so i tweaked

the idle up and it was alot better. after we stopped for lunch i locked my 4rt to the trailer and rode the rev 4 for the rest of the

day, i think the rev 4 could improve my results. just waiting for my local dealer to start taking orders and i am gunna

order one. even all my 2t mates couldnt belive how good it was straight out of the box.

jsp

Edited by jsp

We do a lot of trail riding such as the Five Miles of Hell near Moab.

How do you think the 4 stroke will work for trail riding? Nice to not have to mix gas/oil.

Just as well as a 2-stroke I'd imagine, maybe better as there will be less gear changing?

It blips like a 2-stroke, no delay if that's what you mean...

Does it launch off idle like a 2 stroke, say when you are trying to launch up a wall with no run, after having just made a full lock turn?

Similar but different, couple of mates rode mine last weekend and said it was too sharp off idle (one rides a 280 GG and the other a 250 Beta (ex 4rt rider)) I like it but they said it was pulling on their wrists /arms too much

Any of the dreaded four stroke bog problem after you chop the throttle and then get right back on it?

Chop?

I've heard the 4T has more flywheel action than the other 4 strokes after you chop the throttle, much like the 2 Strokes. Is that true?

Not sure what you mean, shutting off up a hill climb isn't like hitting the brakes if that's what you want to know?

The 4T has a right side kick starter. The right side kick is a must for me. Hated that left hand kicker on that 90 Zero we had. Easy to use?

Yep, although mine has started to kick back recently

Does it look as sweet in person as it does in the pics?? :D

Even better :crying:

And the big question...can a mere mortal start the darn thing easily...hot, cold and otherwise??!! :rolleyes:

Piece of p***

• 2 weeks later...

It blips like a 2-stroke, no delay if that's what you mean...

Response time off idle for the CV carb estimated at 50-70ms vs 10-20ms for a 2T! Computer nerds beware!

I really liked that it will chug down to NOTHING and still recover with Power! Got me on my butt in a hurry! A 2T will not do that! :o

Not even seen one yet, but I know a fella who will probably let me have a rev on it Sat afternoon or Sunday morning first week in May :o

Can't wait to hear your views on it especially as you will be in a position to give a good comparison to the Sherco 4T :wall: