Van Choices

edgas250

im looking into getting a van for the bike, as apose to using a trailer at the moment,

the transporter is looking good at the moment but was just wondering weather anyone knows if a trials bike fits in a berlingo/partner or the vw caddy van?

thanks

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im looking into getting a van for the bike, as apose to using a trailer at the moment,

the transporter is looking good at the moment but was just wondering weather anyone knows if a trials bike fits in a berlingo/partner or the vw caddy van?

thanks

Trials bike will also fit in a nissan cubistar if you poke the front wheel between thedrivers and passengers seats. Personally I'd have a transporter, the 130 TDi if I could afford :thumbup:

I had a transporter, great van but the headroom for getting changed is a pain, I needed it for daily transport also and found it was just too big at times (tesco shopping will roll ALL over the back!) I changed to a smaller van (transit connect) bike in corner to corner and loving it. The TDI new Caddy has the extra oomph but are expensive, an ex BT connect you'll pick up fairly cheap and add a dragon performance chip and its just as good as the VW! :thumbup:

Recently traded my Berlingo and got a Transporter T4 due to an increase in family size - both vans however are superb. The Berlingo holds one full bike when boarded and with bulkhead and is as cheap to run and manouverable as a car. The T4 holds 3 bikes comfortably and even with the rear seats clipped in it carries 2. My T4 is ex AA and very powerful 2.5 tdi 5 cyl - yet economical on mpg and insurance. It will tow my caravan and all the family camping gear tools etc easily in excess of motorway limit all day long.

T4 = lots of quality van for your money

cheers :thumbup: jumbostu :)

I have an old shape Caddy at the moment and have had 2 bikes in the back without having to remove any parts. Fitting them in was easier than i thought.

Have definitely decided to go for a T4 Transporter now though as it gives all of the extra benefits i'm looking for.

i must say either the caddy or transit connect, as im looking for something that i can use every day as well, all im worried about is i currently have a fiesta van and it goes thru rear shockers like no tomorrow just with having a toolbox in the back, just wondering weather a small van lik the caddy would do the same with carrying a trials bike,

i must say either the caddy or transit connect, as im looking for something that i can use every day as well, all im worried about is i currently have a fiesta van and it goes thru rear shockers like no tomorrow just with having a toolbox in the back, just wondering weather a small van lik the caddy would do the same with carrying a trials bike,

you won't have a problem with the shock's on a caddy or connect.

My arch'es are allway's sitting on the rear wheel's on my caddy and no problem with shock's as yet so there well up for the job.

Sorry i've got no pic's of that,can't say it's something i thought about doing before :thumbup: .

Next time i go out i'll take one for you but it probaly wont be for some time.

It might be quicker if you take a sniff in the back of a small van at the next trial your at.

well i managed to blag a connect for the weekend, and i am very impressed with it, can get 1 bike in there nicely with plenty of room to get changed, and keep all gear there too,

just going to try and get it now inplace of my current company van,

fingers crossed! ;)