Is Scorpa Ok?

jt25

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey Ringo, don't get the wrong idea now, not upset this end. Just thought I'd give you a tongue in cheek ragging for a bit of fun as I thought your response was open for it . It's all for banter and I knew you wouldn't take it lying down - although maybe you're used to being in that position in sections riding one of those Montmessy machines... ;):D:D

Anyway, does anyone think any of us have helped JT25 with his original question...... or has it put him off trials for good B)

Actually, you've all helped me very much. You've shown me that at 48 years old and only riding trials for about six months, that any of the current bikes will perform beyond my current or future abilities. I love the way people are so brand loyal, and can give each other s**t without anyone really getting mad.

Ok guys, just to add my two-penn'orth...and risk global abuse. :D

Over the years (I am an 'older' rider who still rides the Expert route - albeit badly!) I have had all the major brands - and as stated here every bike around today has far more capability than we do. (Apologies to some members here - Scottie/JRSunt/Grimbo (- if he ever visits) etc who I know can ride a bit!)

The main thing is to get out there and try one. I did, and I loved it - hence I now ride a Scorpa. The build and quality of the components is great, the Yam engine is bulletproof, it pulls and grips like sh*t to a blanket and yet will rev to high heaven. I fell that it has improved my riding by some 10%. In other words I am now getting better results on the Scorpa, and enjoying the ride - which is surely what it is all about? (At my level anyway.)

There are some downers - it can be a pain to work on. The carb is cleverly hidden somewhere in the middle of the bike, requiring the removal of various bits to get at it - OK so some claim you can get the carb out without any problem - but I can't... The stickers are blown on, and they blow away just as easily and for me it was a bit of a culture shock not having a pretty alloy frame after two Monts and a Beta. However, when you are actually riding the thing - these things do not matter - and the riding has improved my confidence and hence results.

Hope this helps = probably not! Some people call the Scorpa an 'old mans bike' but I feel that it gives you a bit more time, and a bit more control between the throttle and the back tyre on the mud/rock/tree root. Maybe the longer stroke engine helps, it certainly helps me. Go on - try one and see.

Now now Too Fast,

I certainly hope you're not implying that I'm the one that gets mad. I use this board for sheer humour at the expense of others. Most get it and are humoured but I'll have to admit there are some pretty lame WEENIES out there that actually take me seriously and get their tight little pink panties in a wad over a die-hard Monty fan who shamelessly plugs the brand of bike he rides. If I thought another brand of bike could take the abuse that I dole out to a bike I might give it a shot.

You can't imagine the number of times I've heard someone say

"I've never seen that done to a bike before"

"Man, you can't do that to a bike"

HRC gives new meaning to "Bulletproof"

The funniest part is that in person, it doesn't matter if your out competing on a Sherpa T or a brand new Montesa.

IT'S ALL GOOD.

So with all that said and finding out what a really nice guy I am I trust you'll never imply that I have a mean bone in my body or else I'll fly over to your country, kick in your door, slap you like a red headed step child and then I'll take your bike out and ride it :D