P65 Riders And Route

montman

This is a question people have asked in the past but to my knowledge there just isn't any on-line coverage of this event. It really is something that should be rectified for such a high level and well followed event. Maybe Andy would concider creating a mini-site off TC to support the organisers. If not I really think that they should get something done. It appears from questions on here that there is plenty of interest. I know I'd use it even if as you said it supplied a rider list, route guide and results.

This is a question people have asked in the past but to my knowledge there just isn't any on-line coverage of this event. It really is something that should be rectified for such a high level and well followed event. Maybe Andy would concider creating a mini-site off TC to support the organisers. If not I really think that they should get something done. It appears from questions on here that there is plenty of interest. I know I'd use it even if as you said it supplied a rider list, route guide and results.

There is loads of interest every year but they won't give any information away prior to the trial to ensure they sell as many programmes as possible you can understand their intentions. The last time there was anything published prior to the event was when the tMX published the programmes.

I've tried sweet-talking Anne Gordon for an entry list to laminate the last couple of years but she won't bite even though she knows I'll buy half a dozen programmes anyway......(I'm a sad boy but you lot know that anyway)I think I've got every P65 programme

to my knowledge in 1965 there was no www and the only computers were owned by NASA. - this could answer the question.

I managed to sneak a (digital) camera into the pre'65 office (its ok they didnt know what it was) and took a photo of the programmes being printed. - (light wasnt very good due to the gas lamps)

post-114-1178111183.jpg

Thanks Big John.

I did guess this as previous years it has seemed impossible to see any results after the event until the TMX publishes them. :wall:

I would not dream about using a bike SSDT week as I very much agree with what has been said on TC recently.

I have all the necessary details here as I have a programme to hand, but I am unwilling to post the information as I don't have the necessary permission from the club and that would not be fair or perhaps ethical.

Big John

You're just a big feartie... :wall::D.....

You know that Anne WILL find you on Friday that's why you're being coy, now that would be fun to watch.

I agreed.It would be great to have a mini-site off TC to support the pre 65 Scottish.

I've been through the whole Pre-65 thing many, many times. They're more secretive than Mossad. They DO get coverage on here. Last year two days of photos (which were later used by YOU HAVE USED WORDS OR A PHRASE WHICH ARE NOT PERMITTED ON THIS WEBSITE. PLEASE DELETE YOUR POST/TOPIC. DO NOT TRY TO CIRCUMVENT THE FILTERS IN PLACE ON THIS WEBSITE in Spain to further publicise the event). The year before I could only make one day, but still gave coverage. Last year the results (thanks to VinnieD) were scanned and published on here and the year before totally re-typed, by me, from a printed copy.

If I could get that printed copy in a timely manner then I could retype, but firstly it's getting hold of a copy that's the problem. They are rarer than the droppings of the proverbial rocking horse and nobody wants to give theirs up. Secondly, I don't fancy spending a chunk of my week retyping results. I don't have to do that for any other event and fail to see why I should have to because the organisers won't move with the times.

If HL could maybe get hold of a copy and photocopy them then, I could pick them up and maybe do something faster, but that's not what she's there for.

If HL could maybe get hold of a copy and photocopy them then, I could pick them up and maybe do something faster, but that's not what she's there for.

Ahem...given that you omitted to mention the fact that I have typed them up and posted them for the past two years, I'm all outta favours.... :D

Generally I don't get a copy unless some kind soul delivers one to me, but if I do get a copy, then I'll post them. If I'm in a good mood. :wall:

to my knowledge in 1965 there was no www and the only computers were owned by NASA. - this could answer the question.

I managed to sneak a (digital) camera into the pre'65 office (its ok they didnt know what it was) and took a photo of the programmes being printed. - (light wasnt very good due to the gas lamps)

Now then OTH, is that perhaps Smails' printing works in Innerleithen?

You are quite correct Pre-65 computers were the size of a small house, we must keep as much original as possible you know!

Big John

(I was 6 at the time of the 1964 SSDT!... or Primary three in school terms)

Oh God john im older than you :thumbup::(