Upgrade To 280 Or 300cc Waste Of Chash Or Not?

bobtlr

hey all,

does it really helps to place a big bore kit on the 4rt? anyone tried this allready? i would like my bike to be a little bit snappier, more agressive (for the big steps) but i still want the torque and traction in low revs.

regards bob

How big a step do you want to ride up, what do most of the boys riding British experts use, are they on standard sized bikes with quick map or have they increased capacity?

Would be interesting to know.

How big a step do you want to ride up, what do most of the boys riding British experts use, are they on standard sized bikes with quick map or have they increased capacity?

Would be interesting to know.

indeed that would be verry interesting to know

steps larger than 1m are the target, mayby its my technique ( learnt it from someone who is used to a powerfull 2stroke) do you use same technique for steps on a 2 stroke as on a 4 stroke?

regards bob

I think there where supposed to be a couple of 4rt entrants at our St Davids round but could be wrong. I don't think power is an issue for medium steps as the 125's can definitely get up some big steps and even the push bikers do some big stuff.

I think practicing technique might be a cheaper option than big bore kits.

More power and wrong technique might just mean you crash faster and quicker!!!!!

What does Dougie charge for training day, bet its cheaper than a piston.

I think there where supposed to be a couple of 4rt entrants at our St Davids round but could be wrong. I don't think power is an issue for medium steps as the 125's can definitely get up some big steps and even the push bikers do some big stuff.

I think practicing technique might be a cheaper option than big bore kits.

More power and wrong technique might just mean you crash faster and quicker!!!!!

What does Dougie charge for training day, bet its cheaper than a piston.

Idd you have a point there, i will leave the bike as it is and train some more

regards bob

Bod

I think we all underestimate coaching, I had been riding for probably 25 years (inc SSDT several times and odd British champs etc) when we set up training here in South Wales. I learned lots in my first session and now coach and its amazing to see people get better with only a few hours training.

Bod

I think we all underestimate coaching, I had been riding for probably 25 years (inc SSDT several times and odd British champs etc) when we set up training here in South Wales. I learned lots in my first session and now coach and its amazing to see people get better with only a few hours training.

And for young people, this improvement can be even more exagerated. Well worth the money!

I have fitted the mitani 280 kit and it is really noticeable. I tried the mapping changes first and could not pick the differences to any real degree.It is more grunty down low and carries a taller gear easily but still revs as hard and free. It is a lot of money and technique improvement is a real consideration but it is fun to ride. To quote caroll shelby " you can't make a silk purse from a sours ear but you can make an awfully fast pig " That probably describes my approach ! PS You can do top gear wheelies to the horizon !

It would be very interesting what Sunter and lads of the same level have done to their 4RT's I had a standard '05 which I loved, but I did struggle on big steps. I kept finding the skid plate would grind out much more than my two stroke 315! May be it was just the way I was hitting the step but im sure they have a lower skid plate height or different geometry, and no I hadn't been eating loads of pies I only weight 11 stone. The 4RT certainly aint the lightest modern bike out there neither, this also must add to the difficulties in getting it up the steps.