Mid-ohio

alan_nc

Well, I'll try;

Names are in order of finish. Names are off a hand written list, hope they are spelled correctly.

Beginner

Jay Morris

David Foley

Michael Beard

Joe Martin

Richard Mott

Neil Stone

Bryan Asher

Bob Dowd

James Roberts

Tyler Beard

Girder Intermediate

Warren Kleis

Girder Expert

Beno Rodi

Premier Lightweight Expert

Bob Gineder

David Knapp

Edward Logan

Mike Parsley

George Kirby

Premier Heavy Intermediate

Steve Williams

Premier Lightweight Novice

John Knapp

Alan Burgess

Premier Lightweight Intermediate

Keith Alexander

Jeff Smith

John Lightfoot

Classic Novice

Glenn Berry

Terry Evans

Classic Intermediate

Lewis Mayer

Dennis Simoes

James Foster Jr.

Robert Lord

Buz Brinig

Classic Expert

James Smith

Modern Classic Intermediate

Bob Carpenter

William Catogni

Royce Klein

Gary Hartz

Michael Harrington

John Rice

Jay Cohen

Kyle Herron

Doug Klein

Brian Massengill

Lawrence Kok

Brent Windland

Steve Little

Bruce Masek

Modern Classic Expert

Fred Ellis

Tyler Malin

Modern Classic Novice

Gary Pulver

David Perrett

Jason Paxton

Billy Longley

Gary Lingbeck

August Haupt

Mark Gawel

Curt Elliot

Rob Thatcher

Michael Melniczuk

Don Lewis

Murray Gray

Robert Vannerson

Dave Kutsel

Nickolas Swider

Jeffery Battle

Robert Paxton

Peter Swider

Jeff Angstman

Andrew Haupt

Norman Hogeveen

Charles Jouver III

Michael Gontesky

Checkers (for points)

Malcolm Mason

Greg Mason

Gene Brown

****With normal disclaimers*****

Alan

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scott,

Sorry, no slight intended on the list of people. The list is just what was on the 'boards' the girls had created.

Sure wish we had a forum where everyone involved in AHRMA Trials would post. I understand that we are going to use a different format at Dickson. It's not a big thing, and I'm sure will work fine, but shouldn't the members have some say in how things are run.

A place to talk about things like sectiion #3: For a Novice that was a real challenge (one I never solved). I don't mean this as a negative - there should be sections that are demanding. I ment to go back Sat and try to work on it but time got away from me.

And.... totally in another direction. Did someone buy the 73 Montesa Cota that the guy wanted $600 for? There were several in the $1200 to $1500 range that were in worse shape. For good or bad, I didn't have that much money with me or I would have had some "splaining" to do to Lucy when I got home.

Anyway: Scott, thanks for all you did, enjoyed meeting you (I'm the guy with the red beard on the Bantam).

See you at the next one.

Alan

Sure wish we had a forum where everyone involved in AHRMA Trials would post. I understand that we are going to use a different format at Dickson. It's not a big thing, and I'm sure will work fine, but shouldn't the members have some say in how things are run.

A place to talk about things like sectiion #3: For a Novice that was a real challenge (one I never solved). I don't mean this as a negative - there should be sections that are demanding. I ment to go back Sat and try to work on it but time got away from me.

Alan

Here is a suggestion

Why not Put "AHRMA then the event or topic" as a title and submit each post in classic trials section of trials central?

That way we know that its in the states.

Just a thought. I am not sure if we have enough ahrma events or topics to support a complete section here in trails central.

--Biff

I got lost in section 3 twice! On my third loop i got a 1. Silly but thats why i got second i guess.

Take note of the Premier Lightweight Expert - He was on one of his dad's Greeves' (and he looked good). Had a chance to ride and talk with Biff quite a bit - really enjoyed it. Hope he made it into some of the TV coverage.

Alan

Scott,

Sorry, no slight intended on the list of people. The list is just what was on the 'boards' the girls had created.

Anyway: Scott, thanks for all you did, enjoyed meeting you (I'm the guy with the red beard on the Bantam).

See you at the next one.

Alan

Alan ,

No offense taken what so ever . It was just that what started out as another Trial , turned about ....so to speak .

What we did ( you included ) was what had to be done , if it was to have been at all .

The AHRMA issue is ...well...something that may not ever get resolved , There is not (enough ) any money to be had from the Trials community , it seems in their eyes .... :wacko: I s'pose I've said more than I should . :D

It didn't help matters when me m8 took a header from a dead branch falling out of a tree . We were at the emergency for 3 hours thursday night ! :D

Anyway , as far as #3 ... It was a sumb*tch wasn't it ! :D

:beer:

I wouldn't give up on AHRMA trials just yet...

No I haven't given up . Mid-Ohio is probably the crown jewel for AHRMA as I believe it to have the largest entry and a huge spectator turn out ( they love it ! ) That said , it was a bit....frustrating , showing up and finding that there was no one in charge and little time . I think that the new(er) regime has to up their learning curve a bit .

Dave,

Really don't think it's a matter of "giving up on AHRMA Trials". I think it's more a matter of wanting to make them better, or the best we can. This series of posts is the longest discussion of AHRMA Trials I have seen in over a year - that's a good thing. The more we talk about it, and the more people we can get interested, the better it will be.

...and on another note:

Pulled the engine off the Bantam yesterday. Stripped it down, cleaned and adjusted everything, changed fluids - man, ya gotta love the simplicity of a 2 cycle. She fired right up and should be ready for the next outing.

Hey Biff, what class and bike were you riding?

My real name is David Knapp.

Ginder beat me on his james but I was riding one of dads greeves. His name is John Knapp.

I have all of the excuses in the world but plain and simple Ginder rode like a champ.

David "Biff" Knapp

I wouldn't give up on AHRMA trials just yet...

No I haven't given up . Mid-Ohio is probably the crown jewel for AHRMA as I believe it to have the largest entry and a huge spectator turn out ( they love it ! ) That said , it was a bit....frustrating , showing up and finding that there was no one in charge and little time . I think that the new(er) regime has to up their learning curve a bit .

From what I understand is that Mid-Ohio is technically an AMA event. Not sure if that's relevant...

Dave,

Not sure how that falls either. Actually it's my understanding that all AHRMA events fall under AMA. That's why you have to be an AMA member to ride an AHRMA event.

Like you said - not sure it means anything.

Scott;

The crowds were great. Cheered at the right time, OHHHHHed at the right time and in my case push started me when I died on the loop road (violation?). Sections 1,2,&3 had people lining the rim for all of the event. I had people stop me in the camping area after the event and ask if we were going to do more. I would say Mid-Ohio was a big plus for AHRMA and specifically for Trials.

Alan

Dave,

Not sure how that falls either. Actually it's my understanding that all AHRMA events fall under AMA. That's why you have to be an AMA member to ride an AHRMA event.

Like you said - not sure it means anything.

The official name of the event is AMA Vintage Motorcycle Days. In fact on the AMA site there are very few indications that AHRMA is even involved.

You are correct that "AHRMA is a chartered promoter of the American Motorcyclist Association".

I wonder how much control that AHRMA has over the events at Mid-Ohio, or should I say how many limitations does AHRMA have in putting on the event...

Isn't there a person in charge of AHRMA trials?

Thanks for the info Biff, can't feel bad about Bob beating you.

Mike Parsley will beat me on his old Cub in the modern classes. :D

(We need a squid smiley face.)