Donner Ski Ranch Updates

biffsgasgas

Have not heard from today, but a look at the scores looks like Patrick is locked in for National Champ with Chris a solid second still. Cody in solid #3 but will have a hard time catching up.

The good finish yesterday bumped Kieth up a couple of spots, just over Will and Bruce as I recall. It will be a battle between them !

I suppose Diego had to return home to Nicaraugua, a good showing for him this year, and looks like Andrew made the decision to go back to EX class, good try for him though in the Pro's. He won i think, although reining EX champ Ray Peters was not there it seems, he already has the series wrapped up.

A tough class indeed! :D

Now THIS is team stratigy! Who woulda thunk it! Shut Up!

1 Webb Cody CA SHE

2 Smage Patrick WI SHE

3 Ibsen Will GA SCO

4 Florin Chris FL GAS

5 Wineland Keith CO MON

6 le Riche Bruce TN GAS

Way to GO , Will !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

On other notes, looks like Ishy traded wins with Gary Hoover, good job!

Clive had a good ride on Sat! He must have worn himself out! :D

Edited by copemech

Mark, Are you trying to work me up buddy. I'm all for a good Monday Morning Quarterback, but this was totally uncalled for. You've been around us a few times to know, Patrick doesn't play that game.

From Shan's report, the altitude played a major factor in sapping energy, from both Cody and Patrick. Cody was able to deal with it. Patrick, well, he held his own - doing what he could to muster second position. I say, job well done kiddo. And a super well done to Cody.

Giving the impression a strategy was used to move Cody up the series leader board is nonsense. I believe Noel and I taught Patrick to go for the win, no matter what. If that isn't going to happen, we've also taught Patrick to dig deep and try as hard as he can, no matter where he finishes. Rolling over isn't in Patrick's playbook.

Edited by City Trials

Congratulation to Cody. Good Job. To help set the record straight before you guys get out of hand on your Monday morning quarterbacking. Patrick did not look real happy about 2nd place but acted like a Pro rider should. These guys are real tight and one bad day can change everything. Wil had an incredible ride. He was the first to clean the section I was checking on Sunday and the last to ride my section.

Other news Colton Ha$$er is going to ride the Pro class in New Mexico. He wraped up the 125 class. This is a big jump but I am looking forward to seeing how he does. I am pretty sure he will be on a big bike. Cant imagine a 125 would work.

"RYP has used "interesting" tactics before!"

Would you like to elaborate on this a bit?

I don't think Cody needs any rider to flop for him to win. He has been riding great and working hard to achieve a win in this highly competitive class. To say it was a team tactic to

First off all the Pro riders are excellent.

Second we are all human and have bad days.

I find it irritating that if an athlete has been doing excellent all season and then has that "off" day that everybody has, all of a sudden it has to be suggested that there is alterier motives at work. That's just crap.

In a close class such as the Pro one five could move a rider from first to fourth, or it can also happen that somebody gets a five and is shaken or frazzled a bit for the next couple sections and is just not quite up the normal confidence that these riders must have to get low scores. I guess my parting comments are that all the Pro riders are good and give their best effort, I have yet to see somebody "lose" first place. I have seen people give it their best and earn 1st, 2nd, 3rd......