Donner Ski Ranch Updates

biffsgasgas

What also needs to be mentioned is our pro riders can now be called PRO's. The size of the checks might be bigger than the dollar amount, but I don't think any body will be complaining and it is good to see.

post-2409-1186429958_thumb.jpg

Now that's just totally awesome. I'm guessing the ATA was behind this huge and generous gesture of gratitude to the Pro class riders? Look at the smile on their faces. Absolutely priceless. (Okay, for the record, the kid score another $500 from me for Saturdays win.) Nice take for a day in the mountains on a trials bike.

I'm guessing the ATA was behind this huge and generous gesture

Just to give credit where credit is due. The club that put the event on was the P.I.T.S. (Pacific International Trials Society) they are in Northern California. The ATA (American Trials Association) is in southern California. Having moved from North to South I am active in both clubs and they both have great people.

From what they announced the PITS donated the money with the help of some sponsors. From what I can remember the sponsors included, Lewisport, Motion Pro, RYP and others I just can't remember right now. If anybody knows the rest of the sponsors please throw them out.

It is good to see that someone made the effort to round up the sponsorship for prize money in the pro class, hope they get a mention,I did hear quite a few importers and other businesses donated the funds. maybe a list of all who donated along with the event story could be good PR, and isn't that what sponsorship is about

Don't go flashing it about too much though, may start another British invasion :wacko:

Good two days of trials, and I must say the young pro riders have kicked it up a gear since I last saw them ride, I think they will be a good US team for the TDN.

The sections on Sunday did change a lot from rider to rider, loose soil and boulders rolling out, saw a couple of riders who were having good rides and lost it due to this.

Pat was getting nose bleeds, I told him so did Doug on his first visit to Donner.

Pat was getting nose bleeds, I told him so did Doug on his first visit to Donner.

I think even at the top of the hill there was 7500 ft or so. Does that sound right? (Donner Pass is listed at 6500-ish, so add some footage to get to the top above the lodge...)

Apparently staying hydrated may help. Very easy to dry out up there.

Good gosh Craig, I say something innocent and you turn it around and get your panties all in a wad!

That comment was more about the fact that RYP just put THREE riders on the PRO podium that day. That is pretty darned impressive! Not just impressive, practically unheard of. And although some will p*** and moan, I think it is long overdue with lots of hard work by lots of folks behind it and should be congratulated. So there! I said it, so crucify me!

If one guy has a bad day there is another there to pick up the pace, they are all good!

But if you want some real Monday morning quarterbacking for what it is worth, my comments to Pat would be more like Good Job, the cat is in the proverbial bag, now go out and have some fun, you deserve it kid!

I'm sure there would be somone who would argue about it though! :wacko:

Standings:

Smage Patrick PR WI SHE 225 30 30 30 25 25 30 30 25

Florin Chris PR FL GAS 188 25 21 21 30 30 25 18 18

Webb Cody PR CA SHE 185 21 25 25 21 21 21 21 30

Wineland Keith PR CO MON 136 16 18 15 16 15 15 25 16

Ibsen Will PR GA SCO 135 15 15 16 18 16 18 16 21

le Riche Bruce PR TN GAS 131 18 16 18 15 18 16 15 15

Blane Andrew PR TN BET 80 14 14 13 13 13 13

Ordonez Diego PR KY SHE 56

Go figure!, you too FillB! DUH!

@ 2 rounds to go, Chris gets to drop 18, Cody may have to drop 21, a tight race for points all the way!

What makes this so unique is the fact that in the years past, it was dominated by Geoff, well you did'nt see him busting his butt in the last two rounds last year, did ya? Win the war, not the battle! It's all good!

Edited by copemech

i hate to say it but maybe mich was right when he said riders need to be able to ride 6 of 10. Next week if pat gets hurt on the first day and dnfs both days good bye championship if he was to punch 5s like mich did then he still wins. Im sure he will try to win but then again why risk an injury and a chmpionship.

I blew up the pictures of the pro's checks and could read the sponsors, so here they are-

Motion Pro, RYP, Trials Training Center, V-Mar, TCR Wheel Lacing, Crime Scene Cycles, Lewisport, Haaker Insurance, Mav TV., Sierra BMW, Skagit Power Sports, Thin Air Motorsports & Carolina Virgina Observed Trials Club :wacko:

I will say I am a little disappointed, after looking at the results from Donner, of all the TC posters that rode the event, Ishy, No Jive, Bama, Throttle Jockey, & what ever Ian calls himself, I finished well behind them all <_< Oh well I had fun :)

I will say I am a little disappointed, after looking at the results from Donner, of all the TC posters that rode the event, Ishy, No Jive, Bama, Throttle Jockey, & what ever Ian calls himself, I finished well behind them all :wacko: Oh well I had fun <_<

You've got nothing to be disappointed about. Ishy and Jiveman are a couple of top clubmen class riders. Maybe even a bit higher. They've been around the block (and sections) a few times.

Edited by City Trials