Trail & Enduro Bike Trial.

scorpa3

The Stratford-Upon-Avon Club are holding a round of the National Trail Bike Championship on 23rd Sept. The OK Supreme LDT.

Starting at Blackwell Village Hall, the trial will follow a 75mile route around the Cotswold hills.

Taking in many minor back roads, tracks, trails and a lot of private land around the course, riders will be faced with 26 sections set out suitable for trail and enduro bikes.

As the OK Supreme traditionally has very easy, wide sections; the organisers will be putting in six 'championship route' sections with an additional hard route to test the regular front runners in the series. The remainder of the sections will be one route and NO INSPECTION allowed.

The 'non championship' route will be aimed at enduro/trail riders on machines such as Honda XR400's and Suzuki DRZ's.

The trial is open to any road registered bike with a rear trials tyre fitted. Third party road insurance is available on the day for

How hard are these normally?

Sounds like fun and just wondering whether I'd get a KTM 640 round one?

We've had KTM 525's and XR600's in the past, but it would be fair to say that they found it quite a challenge. I use my DRZ400 and usually keep my score under 12 or so.

It's ideal for something like an XR400, the Beta Alps, and Pampera's find it a bot too easy, which is why we've added six sections with championship HARD routes. The winner will still probably be on clean though!

Sometime ago I rode a 640 in the Witley LDT. Luckily on a dry day. Lowered the gearing & fitted a used trials tyre, it went well - I only lost a dab. The 640 had coventional forks - so there was a bit of steering lock, the lack of.... is the main prob with modern enduros in LDT sections.

Sometime ago I rode a 640 in the Witley LDT. Luckily on a dry day. Lowered the gearing & fitted a used trials tyre, it went well - I only lost a dab. The 640 had coventional forks - so there was a bit of steering lock, the lack of.... is the main prob with modern enduros in LDT sections.

what he said, - seen a handfull dakar bikes do them - its on if your a trials rider

what he said, - seen a handfull dakar bikes do them - its on if your a trials rider

Yep, they do look big in a section though! Especially when the next three bikes riding through- on the SAME route- are Gas Gas Pamperas.

To see a top rider in action on a trail bike check out this

I wouldn't fancy dong this section on a big KTM! Thankfully, this is the hard route in a Sammy Miller Championship round and not a round of the Trail bike championship which is all together easier!

• 2 weeks later...

Speaking to the land owners that I can get hold of this morning, (Saturday 15th Sept) the trial is still on. However, this is obviously under revue and may still cvhange.

Iw ill post as soon as I know different.

Fingers crossed for the farmers.

The Stratford-Upon-Avon OK Supreme LDT scheduled for this Sunday has been cancelled.

After a great deal of thought and consideration, the Clerk of the Course has asked me to notify as many people as possible that the OK Supreme has been cancelled.

With a suspected foot and mouth outbreak now as near as Solihull, the land owners around the proposed course are rightly concerned that any activity in their vicinity might cause a spread of the disease in the Cotswolds.

The club will attempt to contact all riders and officials with news of the cancellation today.

Yours in sport.

Pete Barnett

General Secretary

Stratford-Upon-Avon MC&LCC

After a great deal of discussion and heart searching, the Stratford Club committee feels that it is not in the best interest of the club to reshedule the OK Supreme LDT to run on the 28th October. Those riders entered will have their entries returned forthwith.

On behalf of the Stratford Club I would like to thank those who put in so much hard work organising the OK Supreme and to the 116 riders who entered. We look forward to running a bigger and better event in 2008.

Pete

After riding my KTM 640 around the Novogar route last week with bald road tyres on, I reckon it's on. The grass was dodgy, but mud surprisingly good.

Lower gearing needed as the single cylinder thud thud thud didn't help me setting off.

Now to find some enduro wheels for it.

Just out of interest, does anybody get away with using something like a Dunlop Mutant or am I p%ssing in the wind, nobblies only?