Why Has Spa Been Cancelled?

cota kid

Whatever about a reason, but in my opinion the FIM should ban belgium from ever having a world round again

Ban the promoter rather than the country. However what if it isn't the promoter who has cancelled the event, what if its the FIM itself?

I think all this speculation is getting out-of-hand. Is it possible to get a official FIM response Andy? For future consideration, American riders have to go through the AMA for insurance purposes and all that goodie-goodie stuff like tedious paperwork. Riders and teams are asked to follow procedures, shouldn't the organizations be under the same by-laws.

At the very least, someone should be fined and reprimanded. A apology would be a nice touch too.

Edited by City Trials

you can't say who invloved; the federation, FIM, the promoter, the circuit (if diffrent from promoter), etc casued the plug to be pulled in absence of an official (or a QT off the record or grey) explanation

Okay, the reason.

There were local elections in the area which meant a change of management at Spa. This led to the cancellation. I don't know all the ins and outs, but believe the club did not even notify the FIM. A third party picked up on an announcement in the local press and contacted the FIM

Okay, the reason.

There were local elections in the area which meant a change of management at Spa. This led to the cancellation. I don't know all the ins and outs, but believe the club did not even notify the FIM. A third party picked up on an announcement in the local press and contacted the FIM

I hope they are subject to some severe financial penalties. You think after all we did for them in the war, letting them abuse our national dish by smothering it in mayonaise and this is the thanks we get!!! Thats the last time I drink Stella.

• 2 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...

Spa has been cancelled, because the circuit must be closed for a day and the highest official of the FIM want a too luxury hotel, 2 warm meals a day and more of that things. That is unbelievable.

Spa haves events like F1 and in a few years also MotoGP. Trial is not interesting, because they earn not enough from a trialevent.