World Domination

cota kid

So Toni Bou, not unexpectedly, won the 2007 Outdoor WTC to match his indoor title.

Laia Sanz won the Women's 2007 European title and should surely gain another world title.

Dani Gilbert won the 2007 European Championship and Montesa sealed its second consecutive manufacturers award.

These 4 strokes will never catch on.

PS Don't forget James' SSDT win and hopefully an Italian championship as well. Jarvis may even win UK champ on the diesel 4T Sherco!!

Never catch on!!!! :blink:

I wonder if Bou, Sanz and co smile as mutch as the rest of us 4rt converts when we get them on full chat?

So Toni Bou, not unexpectedly, won the 2007 Outdoor WTC to match his indoor title.

Laia Sanz won the Women's 2007 European title and should surely gain another world title.

Dani Gilbert won the 2007 European Championship and Montesa sealed its second consecutive manufacturers award.

When the 4rt first arrived, and so many were poking fun, and bad mouthing the bike, our pit racing chats often considered the wisdom of Montesa. The idea of "bitting the bullet", and being the first (and paying the price) to make the leap, into the 4-stroke world made sense if you had the vision to look forward to the day that Montesa had domination, on the 4-stroke, and left everyone else standing around with their finger in their nose, trying to play catch up. If the Montesa 4-stroke can beat the other brand's 2-strokes, what will the WTC will look like, for the next few years, while the other brands try and finish developing their 4-stroke? Who is laughing now? :blink:

I don't think Cota was saying $t's are dominant so much as Montesa.

I personally think Toni Bou would have won on a Sherco gas Gas Beta or Montesa he is riding that well and dougie and fuji didn't win on it in 06 either.

So the top 6 in the junior were 2 stroke as were the top ten in youth, so firsts weren't 4t there at all, so not completedominantion.

I personally think Toni Bou would have won on a Sherco gas Gas Beta or Montesa he is riding that well and dougie and fuji didn't win on it in 06 either.

So the top 6 in the junior were 2 stroke as were the top ten in youth, so firsts weren't 4t there at all, so not completedominantion.

The trophy that mattered was Montesa and 4 stroke.

Oh, I think he was. In fact, I am pretty sure of it!

And, since Montesa only makes a 4-stroke, the distinction escapes me anyway.

The term "complete domination" wasn't stated, or intended. The reference was to Montesa having the Indoor and Outdoor titles, once again, as they did on the 2-stroke. When the total switch to 4-stroke was made, many nay-sayers were having great fun, at Montesa's expense. But, by making the decision to jump in headfirst, Montesa is now just that far ahead of everyone else in 4-stroke trials bike development.

The wins have a great deal to do with Bou's talent, just as it used to be with Dougie. The beauty is that a Montesa 4-stroke won both titles, while every other brand was still campaining their 2-strokes. That is what so many said could not happen. And, those wins prove the bikes capability far better than later, when it would just be beating everyone elses attempt at a 4-stroke.

I could be totally talking out my back side here so correct me if I'm wrong. I would think that a 4T Montesa takes alot more modifications to be competitive on the world level than say a stock Gas Gas or or any othe 2 stroke for that matter. Big bore kit, electronic ignition mapping blah, blah, blah. I'm just sayin. Bou won the title. I don't think it really matters what bike he rides.

I could be totally talking out my back side here so correct me if I'm wrong. I would think that a 4T Montesa takes alot more modifications to be competitive on the world level than say a stock Gas Gas or or any othe 2 stroke for that matter. Big bore kit, electronic ignition mapping blah, blah, blah. I'm just sayin. Bou won the title. I don't think it really matters what bike he rides.

Raga's Gas Gas isn't stock and neither is any other bike in the WTC top 10.

As regards Bou, great rider and nice bloke, but another 6 World titles is a big ask of anyone.

Bou won the title. I don't think it really matters what bike he rides.

Exactly. The point is not that he won on a 4-stroke (as if it was better). The point is that he didn't lose on a 4-stroke (as if it was worse).

There were many touting that a WTC (especially Indoor) was not possible on a 4-stroke, at least until after all the manufactures were forced to change. In other words, as long as there were any 2-strokes allowed in the WTC, the 4-stroke would fail, due to it's inferiority.

It is fun to think that Bou would have won on any brand, and he may have. But, he has been on other brands already. The fact is that he moved to Montesa, moved to a 4-stroke, and he won. Instead of playing "what if" he rode another brand, lets play "what if" the 4-stroke actually helped him with his wins?

Hobol Norway UEM 19 aug 2007

1 Daniel Gilbert Montesa 4RT 250

2 Lenzi Fabio Montesa 4RT 250

5 Anders Nilsson Montesa 4RT 250

Progammable Fuel injection...Yes... That

Edited by Carl Ekblom

is that why you did a year or so on a 2 stroke sherco just to be sure?

Hobol Norway UEM 19 aug 2007

1 Daniel Gilbert Montesa 4RT 250

2 Lenzi Fabio Montesa 4RT 250

5 Anders Nilsson Montesa 4RT 250

Progammable Fuel injection...Yes... That