Best Bike Ever?

yamahaty250xox

for changing the face of trials - the 1965 bultaco sherpa (first proper trials bike)

for changing wtc teams - the repsol montesa bikes

my all time favorite bike - yamaha majesty

Huge leaps forward:

1984 Yamaha TY250 mono (single shock)

1990 Beta Zero (aluminum frame)

2005 Montesa Cota 4RT (fuel injection)

I know they were not world beaters but what about the spanish Merlin bikes from mid 80s to early 90s & the 3 spoked wheels, they certainly looked the part.

The two distinctive design features of the Merlin monos were the 3-spoke wheels and the odd exhaust system. Neither design had a life outside of Merlin, so you pretty much have to file it under "Failed Experiment".

For me the best bike i ever owned was a 350cc Majesty John Shirt snr built for me. The bike was way better than me and when tested by a certain top English World championship contender at the time who was signed to a Spanish company he was amazed. The first real trials bike i owned after the must have 125cc B.S.A Bantam was a Dalesman quicly followed by a slimline Bultaco, then a MK11 Ossa which i thought was bullet proof despite me doing my best as a schoolboy to wear it out. I then moved on to S.w.m,s which were very quick on the road but camels to ride in sections.After this i moved onto the Majesty for a five year period, brilliant times. During this time i had a brief spell on a Gori, enough said. After this it was Armstrong for a brief period before the mono shock Yamaha, what a superb piece of engineering. For christmas 1992 i had a new Gas Gas 250, i have stayed with them up to the present day as i find them the easiest of the modern bikes to ride.