Boots?

ned1

Alpinestars are a top notch boot but i found they go tatty very quick.

The brighter coloured ones go tatty. Ive got the black Alpine Stars boots and they are brilliant and scruffs dont show, just wash of the dirt ,dry them well after use and rub off any dried mud etc . When dry and get a clean surface and apply some beeswax as it says in the manual.

Another tip is dont wash with a pressure washer at high pressure, Ive know some do this and take the quality out of the boots.

i've had a quick scan around the forum and found a topic on boots, although it wasn't very helpful. I am basically looking for sum new boots,

chris

Dear Chris, you need to buy a pair four sizes too big, that way you can still dab with you foot on the peg's and not get scored for it.

Just got some Diadora Stone 3.

Luverly and comfortable, waterproof sock as well.

Nice.

Also got some of these - total cr@p - boots leaked like a sieve from new, despit copious Nikwax & the "waterproof" liner wasn't - again from new.

Why they should be so poor I don't know, my Daytona Roadstar boots that I use on my GS have been with me for 10 years & 80K miles and are still totally waterproof, I know you can't expect that degree of longevity on a trials boot but surely they should be better from new than most seem to be - on talking to other riders it seems this lack of quality is accepted as inevitable :P

Shan't be buying any more of them Diadora's - don't know what to go for though - which is why I was looking at this thread

Ade

Just got some Diadora Stone 3.

Luverly and comfortable, waterproof sock as well.

Nice.

Also got some of these - total cr@p - boots leaked like a sieve from new, despit copious Nikwax & the "waterproof" liner wasn't - again from new.

Why they should be so poor I don't know, my Daytona Roadstar boots that I use on my GS have been with me for 10 years & 80K miles and are still totally waterproof, I know you can't expect that degree of longevity on a trials boot but surely they should be better from new than most seem to be - on talking to other riders it seems this lack of quality is accepted as inevitable :P

Shan't be buying any more of them Diadora's - don't know what to go for though - which is why I was looking at this thread

Ade

thanks alot for the info, i were gna buy the new stone pro's but i think i'l give them a miss now, i think im going to get some gaernes :blink:

iv'e just realised that there all balance boots, i think im going to get sum of the gaerne boots in brown :P thanks alot guys

Ive got some of these, oiled brown ones and 6 years of use nearly every weekend and there just about dead. Quality boots.

I wear sidi courier.

long relationship with sidi hence my choice but boots should fit well. just visited friend in hospital after he broke his ankle falling off his trials bike with just his work boots on. 8 days to go till his op to have his ankle plated and screwed then at least six weeks in cast before physio to regain movement can begin.

so.

invest in best fitting quality boots you can and look at what the top riders are wearing. they cant afford to get hurt so usually insist on wearing the best.

Oh and dont fall off.

I'm quite a cheery person really.

look at what the top riders are wearing. they cant afford to get hurt so usually insist on wearing the best.

Oh and dont fall off.

I'm quite a cheery person really.

Call me cynical maybe, but the top riders wear what they're sponsored with, and perhaps like the works bikes (especially Honda - whoops Montesa) are nothing like the kit you & I have to buy.

Ade