Does Anybody Know?

billyp

whatever bearings you get make sure you carefully remove the seals and repack them with a decent grease, preferably that blue waterproof stuff you can get. It may cost a bit for a tub but is worth its weight in gold the amount of time/money you will save changing bearings.

Here you go something like this would be great if treated to the right grease like THIS

why not use chain spray?? its sticks like glue.

Because it has no quality's as a bearing lubricant? probably has a much lower boiling point, certainley isn't a grease and with it's slight tacky texture could attract more dirt and dust than and high quality waterproof grease could keep out!

Think about it for a minute......... There we are common sense sinks in, you have a moving bearing with load on it that see's all sorts of crap coming its way.... what would be better spending a tenner on a tub of grease that will do all your bearings for years to come packing them full to prevent any damage or spray some fluid in there that may well disperse within days? :huh:

Edited by barrybaines

whatever bearings you get make sure you carefully remove the seals and repack them with a decent grease, preferably that blue waterproof stuff you can get. It may cost a bit for a tub but is worth its weight in gold the amount of time/money you will save changing bearings.

A good tip and correct use of correct material waterproof grease is spot on.

When removing the seal cover fit to the inside face so the untouched one is outside.

(Even perce does this greasing and he is not reknowned for his fettling!)

Edited by Nigel Dabster

Here you go something like this would be great if treated to the right grease like THIS

Because it has no quality's as a bearing lubricant? probably has a much lower boiling point, certainley isn't a grease and with it's slight tacky texture could attract more dirt and dust than and high quality waterproof grease could keep out!

Think about it for a minute......... There we are common sense sinks in, you have a moving bearing with load on it that see's all sorts of crap coming its way.... what would be better spending a tenner on a tub of grease that will do all your bearings for years to come packing them full to prevent any damage or spray some fluid in there that may well disperse within days? :huh:

well, thats told me, how come raga recommends spraying them with chain spray and so does bou??

Edited by fozza321

well, thats told me, how cme raga recomends spraying them with grease and so does bou??

Never heard that before but just for a quick "my opinion" They will have their bikes rebuilt for each and every ride so maybe your "chain spray" method will work great for say 6 hours? But for the rest of us mere mortals that pay and service our own bikes my method works great for me. And thanks to ND for backing me up on this :huh: