Sherco Press Release On Unnamed Motorcycle

malibudon

does anyone know if it true that gasgas have a vested interest in this company??? the rumour is doing the rounds!! :P

This is the sort of crap that Trials is well known for. "If we don't know something we'll just make it up. The more ludicrous the better". More fool you if you believe it.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

does anyone know if it true that gasgas have a vested interest in this company??? the rumour is doing the rounds!! :P

Definately untrue.

The guy that OWNS the Xispa company is a man of some wealth so would probably not need an investor. Besides which the Gas Gas Factory in Spain (in case you hadn't noticed) have been shedding personel for 3 years now, so they hardly have spare cash for an investment oppurtunity, and one surely destined for conflict.

Get real.

Edited by Nigel Dabster

Am I correct in my understanding that Gas Gas was bought out by venture capitalists a couple of years ago.

Not very likely then that Xispa has any connection with gas Gas whatsoever.

Big John

Edited by Big John

i agree with mad4it..sherco build quality is C**P!! Xispa cant be no worse then gasgas or sherco lets give them a chance and see what its like..its cheap! so just throw it away when it brakes :o

Crap buid quality B*****cks!!.I`ve seen afew gassers snap in two,but never a sherco :P:blink:

sorry not talking aboot the frames mate im talking about the bag of old spanners they call an engine!!!ive heard quieter

JACK HAMMERS! :wacko:

After all that today i bought my lad a gasser,its an 03 125,been stuck in a shed almost all its life,mint :D:D

If only i could post some pics.Watch this space B)

does anyone know if it true that gasgas have a vested interest in this company??? the rumour is doing the rounds!! :blink:

This is the sort of crap that Trials is well known for. "If we don't know something we'll just make it up. The more ludicrous the better". More fool you if you believe it.

well!! hush my mouth. i was`nt asking for handbags at dawn, just asking a question to the oricle of trials forums..silly me :P

I see the xispa name for web sites around the world have started to be brought up.....

interestingly the Scorpa importer in Australia also owns the xispa australia site now...

Will have to see how many more appear in familier hands. :P

I'd take that with a grain of salt ..........

Look who owns montesa.com.au and scorpa.com.au .........The Australian Sherco Importer!

If the Chinese won't use things with made in China stamped on them why would we use them? I say please buy one and when your bike breaks in half or don't have the power to get out of a ditch just lay it down so I can use it for traction.

If the Chinese won't use things with made in China stamped on them why would we use them? I say please buy one and when your bike breaks in half or don't have the power to get out of a ditch just lay it down so I can use it for traction.

You been to a disney store recently?

...Sherco is at this time preparing the appropriate legal actions to require the company in question to respect the rights of Sherco and discontinue the production of this product.

Like to see how far they get with this! :D

I wonder how much this will add to the price of the sherco? Lawers aren't cheap... I can only assume that a lawer who speeks Spanish and Chineese at the same time will be even less cheap.

Pump out a million xispa's if they only sell a dozen then the problem will fix itself. Every hardware store in the world will have one sitting next to the scooters and pocket bikes collecting dust. Inner city kids around the world will have one rusting away in their sheds after it throws them for the first time.

My only worry out of this whole thing is for a newbie who buys one (for trials) and gets totally disgusted with the sport because he has to wait for parts and when he/she finally gets the said part the same thing will happen again.

If sherco goes down in flames of legal bills it might be a nice side story but I would still be sad because it is so easy to pick on them... Oh boy now I've done it.... ;)

--Biff

Edited by biffsgasgas

...Sherco is at this time preparing the appropriate legal actions to require the company in question to respect the rights of Sherco and discontinue the production of this product.

Like to see how far they get with this! :ph34r:

I wonder how much this will add to the price of the sherco? Lawers aren't cheap... I can only assume that a lawer who speeks Spanish and Chineese at the same time will be even less cheap.

Pump out a million xispa's if they only sell a dozen then the problem will fix itself. Every hardware store in the world will have one sitting next to the scooters and pocket bikes collecting dust. Inner city kids around the world will have one rusting away in their sheds after it throws them for the first time.

My only worry out of this whole thing is for a newbie who buys one (for trials) and gets totally disgusted with the sport because he has to wait for parts and when he/she finally gets the said part the same thing will happen again.

If sherco goes down in flames of legal bills it might be a nice side story but I would still be sad because it is so easy to pick on them... Oh boy now I've done it.... :lol:

--Biff

thats alright you can buy the parts from gasgas!!

Design rights and Registered designs are available to protect a design's shape (3 dimensional)...adjusting size or making a very small change allows the original shape to be copied. When I recently registered a design for a hot food takeaway carrier I was reminded of this....

Patents are different..nightmare squared!!

Cheers.

Found this which I thought interesting, by my estimation there could be more of a problem selling an item (if it were shown to be a copy) in the UK than in the rest of Europe, assuming a design is not registered.

Design rights

I was told this week by a reputable source, that one former world champ had ridden the bike and found the suspension comperable to a '98 model bike!!!!!!

Probably much like my old Scorpa Easy, or Beta Techno I would think, but lighter! :guinness:

I was told this week by a reputable source, that one former world champ had ridden the bike and found the suspension comperable to a '98 model bike!!!!!!

Probably much like my old Scorpa Easy, or Beta Techno I would think, but lighter! :D

Sorry Copemech that could be true but I can t see anyone with friends in the trade or connected to a current brand coming out and saying the Xispa is good , can you ? I think most xispa comments probably need a shovel rather than a pinch of salt until a production bike arrives. Where did this "test ride" take place anyway ? area 51 ? :guinness: