Gasgas Pro Clutch Rattle

dabomb

Hi all,just bought a TXT125 pro 03.Its in super condition,not been abused etc.Every thing fine exept for a rattling clutch,which is working ok,slightly dragging at the moment,but i think this can be sorted `cos the lever needs adjustment.

Is the rattle anything to worry about??,I`ve heard its common on these bikes.

Thanks in advance :D

PS it only rattles when lever is out and not in gear,pull lever in,noise goes

Edited by dabomb

if its when the clutch is out but not in gear then its nothing to worry about it will do it, some bikes are louder than others but if you pull clutch in it should dissapear its because some of the stuff rattles and when ya pull clutch in it pulls it all tight i think

my bike which is exactly the same also does this. the clutch plates vibrate against each other, there is nothing you can realy do. but there is absolutely no mechanical problem whith your bike(going on what i have read). a mates bike 07 gasgas also done this when bought brand new(it was the first time the bike ever ran), it is possibly supposed to do this, or possibly poor design but there is nothing to worry about.a change of gearbox oil can often dampen the sound(for a few hours)

my 06 280 also makes this noise when just idling in neutral

if you pull the clutch lever in it goes away

same with my dads 07 250

gas gas has had some clutch issues with their newest gear box design but this is also how they save weight and get the bike narrow i thought i read somewhere that they are thinking of going back to a stronger gear box which i would imagine would better accommodate a 4 stroke

That noise is perfectly normal. just be carefull when adjusting the cluth lever . you must have approx5 to 8mm of free play or the fluid to return in to the master cylinder, if you take up all the freeplay to try to stop the dragging then the situation will become worse. A good remedy for clutch drag is Dexron iid ATF. gasgas uk also supply motul dii gearbox oil. Hope this helps.

The PRO clutch rattle is caused by the clutch basket gear being a straight cut design and being quite narrow. This set up is prone to be noisey. Previous models had a far wider helical cut gear that runs quiet. It is more expensive to machine helical cut cears, the tolerances are tight and usually the gears are sold as matched pairs; basket gear with crank drive gear.

Bye, PeterB.

The PRO clutch rattle is caused by the clutch basket gear being a straight cut design and being quite narrow. This set up is prone to be noisey. Previous models had a far wider helical cut gear that runs quiet. It is more expensive to machine helical cut cears, the tolerances are tight and usually the gears are sold as matched pairs; basket gear with crank drive gear.

Bye, PeterB.

I bought an 05 300 raga a few months back with this problem. I gave it to Mick Danby to service and he said the clutch basket was the problem - After replacing it, the noise dropped significantly. It was quite excessive before this was done.