Con Artist About

johnkennedy

The Classified Ads system carries the following warning clearly, in red:

"FRAUD ALERT: Fraudsters have been known to target this system. Do not enter into any financial transaction unless you are 100% confident of the integrity of the buyer. Trials Central accepts no liability for any loss incurred through failure to carry out due diligence on any potential purchaser. Warning signs are poor English, offering to pay by bankers draft and offering to overpay with the overpaid balance paid by you to a third party such as a fictitional shipping company. If in doubt, walk away."

It is a case of seller beware, but please don't start reporting every single instance of this in the Forums. Just ignore them.

I had an e-mail from the same "Mr Mario" this week enquiring about the motorhome we have for sale and needing urgent details, bottom line price etc., says he's based in Malta!! Thought that it sounded a bit suspect so haven't bothered any further.

I can't find the direct link right now, but someonewhere on the the scambaiters site are 'The Quotations of Cole', the year long saga of Wilson and the Anus laptop computers sales. So hilarious it has to be made up, but so far beyond that it can't be made up!

scambaiters is fun site.

anyone who has done ebay or other ads has had them. I had an offer for $3500 for a TY350, to ship to africa....... if only.......

http://www.419eater.com/

kcj

• 6 months later...

This guy on craigs list here in the states totally confused one of em.... Its long but extreemly funny reading...

clicky here

--Biff

That was really REALLY funny. Gave my wife and I a really good laugh. Toptastic and while the nigerian was replying to all those emails it was time he wasnt spending trying to scam someone else.

If I ever get another one, rather than just ignoring it i think i will do some time wasting of my own. I don't know if i will be as good at it as that bloke but i'll give it a go.

That was really REALLY funny. Gave my wife and I a really good laugh. Toptastic and while the nigerian was replying to all those emails it was time he wasnt spending trying to scam someone else.

If I ever get another one, rather than just ignoring it i think i will do some time wasting of my own. I don't know if i will be as good at it as that bloke but i'll give it a go.

If you want your e mail on a "list" go ahead.

The 419 scammers get their email address's from forums that choose to make your address visible.

If you want to have some fun set up a Hotmail account and then just reply from that one. Remember if you do you must the trophy of the picture of them holding up a sign that says "Beta Rocks".

I read this one a few years back. A company called Fluke Motorsport were getting quite a few of these scammers emailing, so they played along.

It does go on a bit but it's worth the read, especially as the scammers clearly have no idea what they are 'buying' and agree to almost anything to complete the transaction.

Quote,

Firstly,

there is a slight dent above the passenger door handle. Also, the

right rear indicator has a hairline crack. Finally, the engine has a

fist sized hole where piston number three exited the block at 14,000rpm.

Is any of this a problem or can we still go ahead with the

transaction?

I realise that TC is a forum for all ages so if underage or easily offended by swearing then do not click the link.

http://www.fluke-motorsport.co.uk/temp/scammers.html