Any Troubles?

hop blip and a jump

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The head of the bolt that holds the kickstart return stop plate could shear off, as it was too soft, this is what the recall was on the original bikes, to replace it with a high tensile bolt.

Also, on a number of bikes, the crankcase where this bolt locates (inside the clutch cover) has broken away eventually resulting in the bolt being torn out of its housing and taking a small part of the crankcase with it. This needs a strip down to repair the crankcase by a very competent welder, or a new crankcase half. This is obviously not commonplace but it has happened more than once - one of the reasons it is always a good idea to kickstart the bikes in the proper manner as kickbacks on the kickstart can be one of the causes

it's not a rumour , it's a fact!!

Bikes break and thats that!!

it's nice to here from people like woody who just remind you to give them a proper kick to save any problems!!

If i wanted to start a rumour i could have posted that dougie was signing to ride for xispa in 08!!! :( !!!!

Edited by hop blip and a jump

I was also told by the dude who was repairing the 4rt with the broken engine case that the cases are matched pairs and you've got to buy new ones as a pair??? :wall:

hope thats not true!!!

Sounds expensive. :(

As with ALL engines crankcases should be bought as a pair as they would have been machined as a pair so as the cylinder face is as near perfect as possible, start buying unmatched pairs and you could run into problems

No point in being defensive and going into attack mode. I like the fact that such problems can be discussed. In the long run it helps bike sales knowing that a problem is acknowledged and can be fixed. The one thing that will turn me off of buying a brand is denial of a problem.

I'm a Beta rider for many years and I don't have any problem with postings on problems people have had on their Betas. It's how I learned to fix my carb leaking (Thanks Billy T.) and what gave me the impetus to fix my clutch sticking. Did it make me not want a Beta? No, I went from liking my bike to loving it.

We spend real money on these things and the free exchange of information is the most useful function of a community like this. The, "Let's attack the guy who brings up an issue" mentality is the most sophomoric aspect of a public forum and the most likely to turn it into a useless fanboy slugfest. Save it for slagging your buddy's football team where it will do no real damage.

Dan

P.S. Hey Woody, are you the famous Woody Hole of world round renown?

No point in being defensive and going into attack mode. I like the fact that such problems can be discussed. In the long run it helps bike sales knowing that a problem is acknowledged and can be fixed. The one thing that will turn me off of buying a brand is denial of a problem.

I'm a Beta rider for many years and I don't have any problem with postings on problems people have had on their Betas. It's how I learned to fix my carb leaking (Thanks Billy T.) and what gave me the impetus to fix my clutch sticking. Did it make me not want a Beta? No, I went from liking my bike to loving it.

We spend real money on these things and the free exchange of information is the most useful function of a community like this. The, "Let's attack the guy who brings up an issue" mentality is the most sophomoric aspect of a public forum and the most likely to turn it into a useless fanboy slugfest. Save it for slagging your buddy's football team where it will do no real damage.

Dan

P.S. Hey Woody, are you the famous Woody Hole of world round renown?

Dan i wasn't going to bother but you talk such a load of crap

If this guy is so keen to find out about specific problems on different brands why has he not posted in a general forum instead of four stroke?

I'm all for free exchange of information. Have you asked yourself why the Muppet hasn't asked about Scorpa 'troubles' ?

Is it only me that finds it strange he is determined to drag out 4rt 'troubles' ?

He hasn't got one hasn't had one and has ordered a Scorpa

DAN WAKE UP

muppet!! "windlestone"

If you read the first post i posted i mentioned the rev4 aswell i only mentioned the fault i'd been told about with the 4rt is because it's a real fault not some bull that i made up!!

i posted in the fourstroke forum because they are a more complex motor than a 2 stroke which means more parts = more parts to break.

Most of the faults on the 2 strokes everyone knows about by now, like betas - carb flooding + stators, gasser pros - crap airboxes, etc

The reason i bought the scorpa is that, if the engine can take the abuse that a MX bike dishes out, life in a trials bike will be easy for it and build quality and reliability on the scorpa is as good as anything else on offer.

I can't believe how stroppy some people get when they here something they don't like! :wall:

if you was thinking of buying a bike would'nt you like to be able to find out if there are any problems with that bike before you shell out your hard earned!!

I know modern trials bikes are very good these days but mechanical things can break who ever makes them!! :(

Well everyone knows about the hot start trouble with the 05 sherco 320's which has been sorted on the new ones, but theres not that many people out there yet with 320's yet to find any other faults.

Same with the beta rev4's they only sent about 40-50 bikes out for 07 so not many faults have shown up yet.

As for scorpas tell me of a fault and i'd listen, i have'nt heard of any yet!!!

By the way i'm riding a rev3 at the moment and you haven't heard me grizzle about turning my petrol tap off every time i turn the engine off!!! when you know about the niggly things you just adapt to the fault!!

We all know that there are far more 4rt's out there than any other 4 stroke trials bike , so is'nt it obvious that more faults will arrise than compared to other brands because they've been out there longer....! does'nt take a genius does it!! :(

Edited by hop blip and a jump