Australians Removes Prime Minister Howard .

steveo

Seems Australias have been quite emphatic in removing the Howard lead government here in Australia.

With a couple of key issues being blamed for the fall of the eleven year reign by the conservative parties, the most telling being work place aggreements, rising inflation and rising interest and its on going participation in the very unpopular Iraqi war. On top of losing power, John Howard is only the second prime minister of Australia to lose his seat by being voted out by his own electorate.

Maybe he should have moved on like Blair to avoid this most humiliating demise.

It will be very interesting to see the America peoples decision on President Bush at the up and coming election.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It will be very interesting to see the America peoples decision on President Bush at the up and coming election.

In the US our presidents are limited to 2 terms(8 years). They cannot seek election for a 3rd. So Bush is done. If he was able to run again IMO he would still be done.

In Austrailia is the Prime Minister elected by the people or is he/she acting as a rep of the majority of the senate? Sorry if thats a dumb question.

In the US our presidents are limited to 2 terms(8 years). They cannot seek election for a 3rd. So Bush is done. If he was able to run again IMO he would still be done.

In Austrailia is the Prime Minister elected by the people or is he/she acting as a rep of the majority of the senate? Sorry if thats a dumb question.

Fair question, I was unaware of your two term presidential policy.

Over here the people elect a member to an area we call an electrate, there is around 150 electrates across Australia. The party that recieves the most representatives is then called on to form a government.That successful party then elects a leader, the prime minister, and a deputy leader and then on to parlimentary members that control portfolios, foreign affairs, health, education and so on.

Yea, well, just don't forget that Muslem extremists really do not care who you are! Where you live. What flight you are on.

Who your friggin priminister is. What island you are on. They simply do not give a s!!t! They cannot even get along amongst themselves, they are THAT stupid! Spend as much time blowing themselves up as anything else! Bunch of idiots!

Do you think you are dealing with rationality here? War is never the "popular" thing to do! Grow some balls man! I just hope your country is not next!

I told Bush to just nuke'um and take the oil, clean the slate, but he would have non of that, sorry! Add Pakistan, Iran and things will only worsten! How many idiots do you need with nukes? Before you grow them things? :(

I forgot to ck if Churchill(sp) made decisions based upon popularity?

MC

Edited by copemech

Calm down Copemech, nobody's attacking the US here. The US have taken an (almost, Saudi aside) uncomprising attitude towards Islamic terrorism. An attitude that is by and large applauded by peoples in the west. The point is that Bush lied about Iraq (WMD and all that) and committed US troops and troops of other countries by intimidation to a war that had nothing to do with islamic terrorism. Afganistan was and remains a very different story.

Incidently, AFAIK the two term policy is something of a gentlemans agreement and is not described in the US constitution. FDR served 3 and a bit terms. The presidency is, however, the only public office in the US where the incumbant must be US born. So no Arnie in the white house.

I forgot to ck if Churchill(sp) made decisions based upon popularity?

MC

Im not sure how you can compare churchill to bush.

churchill was a war prime minister,bush is not infact he's a comic president.

If your subway's and airport's was to get bombed by the muslem extremist's there more than lightly to have been trained in your own country to do so,you tell me where we need the security most.

Incidently, AFAIK the two term policy is something of a gentlemans agreement and is not described in the US constitution. FDR served 3 and a bit terms. The presidency is, however, the only public office in the US where the incumbant must be US born. So no Arnie in the white house.

It was an unwritten rule until 1951 until 22ndamendment was enacted. FDR served 3 times because of the Great Depression. I dont know...maybe the country could not afford to have an election. This thread is turning into a history lesson.

Amendment XXII:

Section 1. No person shall be elected to the office of the President more than twice, and no person who has held the office of President, or acted as President, for more than two years of a term to which some other person was elected President shall be elected to the office of the President more than once. But this article shall not apply to any person holding the office of President when this article was proposed by the Congress, and shall not prevent any person who may be holding the office of President, or acting as President, during the term within which this article becomes operative from holding the office of President or acting as President during the remainder of such term.

Section 2. This article shall be inoperative unless it shall have been ratified as an amendment to the Constitution by the legislatures of three-fourths of the several states within seven years from the date of its submission to the states by the Congress.

Thanks Motofire. I know that FDRs tenure as president was exceptional, dealing first with extricating the US from the depression & secondly during the war.

Copemech, Churchill was a political slut. He changed parties more often than you or I change underwear. Eventually he was banished to the political wilderness for his lack of political morals. During this period he worked tirelessly to make the world aware of the threat that both Hitler and Stalin posed. Many people considered his views on these matters unbalanced.

During this period he worked tirelessly to make the world aware of the threat that both Hitler and Stalin posed. Many people considered his views on these matters unbalanced...........

....as we plunged rapidly into 50 years of the cold war....maybe old Winston wasn't such a numpty after all. :(

His war years biography is pretty worth reading

Thanks Motofire. I know that FDRs tenure as president was exceptional, dealing first with extricating the US from the depression & secondly during the war.

Copemech, Churchill was a political slut. He changed parties more often than you or I change underwear. Eventually he was banished to the political wilderness for his lack of political morals. During this period he worked tirelessly to make the world aware of the threat that both Hitler and Stalin posed. Many people considered his views on these matters unbalanced.

And the same may happen to Bush in the short term future!

Now, speaking of Political Sluts, where is that picture of Hillary? :(

And the same may happen to Bush in the short term future!

Now, speaking of Political Sluts, where is that picture of Hillary? :(

Copey what you inferring, I thought Monica was the political slut :beer:

Anyway, thought Hillary was the new US Pin-Up Girl, upcoming Playboy Centerfold shots in the Oval office??? :wall:

Edited by Slapshot 3

Copey what you inferring, I thought Monica was the political slut :beer:

Anyway, thought Hillary was the new US Pin-Up Girl, upcoming Playboy Centerfold shots in the Oval office??? :wall:

I would prefer to review the photos of the golfball lodged in the cows bung! :(