Australians Removes Prime Minister Howard .

steveo

Geez I can see that tory blue heart pumping away from here Ian.... :D:D

My old man hates her, my Father in Law is very much in your camp; when the families get together what subject is banned...

My sister and her partner are labour - both were councillors. We use to have some great debates. It was ace :barf:

I love argument, I love debate. I don't expect anyone just to sit there and agree with me, that's not their job.

Margaret Thatcher :wub:

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My sister and her partner are labour - both were councillors. We use to have some great debates. It was ace :D

I love argument, I love debate. I don't expect anyone just to sit there and agree with me, that's not their job.

Margaret Thatcher :D

Is your sisters partner of the same sex, disabled and from an ethnic background?

Absolute bull**** we have never had such a good economy and sustained growth, its about time you stopped spoutingyour tory propaganda political ***** on here and let us get back to trials.

memo to Andy, can't we have political views banned just like text talk?

Considering the current Labour government make Edward Heath's tories look like looneys from the far left, I think you're blowing it out of your a*** again Dabster.

From The Prime Minister of Australia. No doubt some have read this, already, but here goes.

bit long but enjoy.

Muslims who want to live under Islamic Sharia law were told on Wednesday to get out of Australia, as the government targeted radicals in a bid to head off potential terror attacks.

A day after a group of mainstream Muslim leaders pledged loyalty to Australia and her Queen at a special meeting with Prime Minister John Howard, he and his Ministers made it clear that extremists would face a crackdown. Treasurer Peter Costello, seen as heir apparent to Howard, hinted that some radical clerics could be asked to leave the country if they did not accept that Australia was a secular state, and its laws were made by parliament.

"If those are not your values, if you want a country which has Sharia law or a theocratic state, then Australia is not for you", he said on National Television. "I'd be saying to clerics who are teaching that there are two laws governing people in Australia: one the Australian law and another Islamic law, that is false. If you can't agree with parliamentary law, independent courts, democracy, and would prefer Sharia law and have the opportunity to go to another country, which practices it, perhaps, then, that's a better option", Costello said.

Asked whether he meant radical clerics would be forced to leave, he said those with dual citizenship could possibly be asked to move to the other country. Education Minister Brendan Nelson later told reporters that Muslims who did not want to accept local values should "clear off. Basically people who don't want to be Australians, and who don't want, to live by Australian values and understand them, well then, they can basically clear off", he said.

Separately, Howard angered some Australian Muslims on Wednesday by saying he supported spy agencies monitoring the nation's mosques. Quote: "IMMIGRANTS, NOT AUSTRALIANS, MUST ADAPT. Take It Or Leave It. I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we are offending some individual or their culture. Since the terrorist attacks on Bali, we have experienced a surge in patriotism by the majority of Australians."

"However, the dust from the attacks had barely settled when the 'politically correct' crowd began complaining about the possibility that our patriotism was offending others. I am not against immigration, nor do I hold a grudge against anyone who is seeking a better life by coming to Australia."

"However, there are a few things that those who have recently come to our country, and apparently some born here, need to understand."

"This idea of Australia being a multi-cultural community has served only to dilute our sovereignty and our national identity. And as Australians, we have our own culture, our own society, our own language and our own lifestyle."

"This culture has been developed over two centuries of struggles, trials and victories by millions of men and women who have sought freedom"

"We speak mainly ENGLISH, not Spanish, Lebanese, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any other language. Therefore, if you wish to become part of our society. Learn the language!"

"Most Australians believe in God. This is not some Christian, right wing, political push, but a fact, because Christian men and women, on Christian principles, founded this nation, and this is clearly documented. It is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools. If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new home, because God is part of our culture."

"We will accept your beliefs, and will not question why. All we ask is that you accept ours, and live in harmony and peaceful enjoyment with us."

"If the Southern Cross offends you, or you don't like "A Fair Go", then you should seriously consider a move to another part of this planet. We are happy with our culture and have no desire to change, and we really don't care how you did things where you came from. By all means, keep your culture, but do not force it on others.

"This is OUR COUNTRY, OUR LAND, and OUR LIFESTYLE, and we will allow you every opportunity to enjoy all this. But once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about Our Flag, Our Pledge, Our Christian beliefs, or Our Way of Life, I highly encourage you to take advantage of one other great Australian freedom, 'THE RIGHT TO LEAVE'."

"If you aren't happy here then LEAVE. We didn't force you to come here. You asked to be here. So accept the country YOU accepted."

And as Australians, we have our our own language."

Eh? I thought they spoke English over the ditch. They have every time I've visited. Oh hang on..

"We speak mainly ENGLISH"

Make up your mind Howard.

"Christian men and women, on Christian principles, founded this nation"

I thought Aus was founded by convicts :D

Nah, seriously. I think that article summed up a lot of peoples thoughts.

Perce, things must be bad if even dyed-in-the-wool Yorkies like yourself are miffed with labour.

Edited by TooFastTim

What I would give to see that policy put forth in the US!

:D

Of course, I would never make a good politician. Between the foreigners, liberals and women, I could pe off 80-90 percent of the population in no time at all! All without making a knappy headed comment!

"I was born a poor black child"---- Steve Martin! :D

TFT . I reckon there are a lot of people in the UK who would sympathise with those statements. Can't see anyone from any main political party saying it though.

As an offshoot, I have a guy working for me who is a non-uk national. He recently took a test about becoming a UK citizen. Beside the obvious questions like, who is the prime minister etc, he had to answer this question:-

If there are 4 different people living in separate rooms in one house with their own TV's, should they all have to buy a TV license ! :D

I think that sums up the state of Britain!

TFT . I reckon there are a lot of people in the UK who would sympathise with those statements. Can't see anyone from any main political party saying it though.

As an offshoot, I have a guy working for me who is a non-uk national. He recently took a test about becoming a UK citizen. Beside the obvious questions like, who is the prime minister etc, he had to answer this question:-

If there are 4 different people living in separate rooms in one house with their own TV's, should they all have to buy a TV license ! :D

I think that sums up the state of Britain!

This test thingy...is it full of questions that nobody in the UK can answer in the hope that our new, long term, non-UK national friends can answer, talking away much of the utter confusion that exists in this wornderful nanny state of ours.

Thanks Perce. I thought that the north was traditionally labour territory (strong working class etc). I'd never figure Richmond as the safest Tory seats in the UK.

Ish, house prices have been climbing all over the place. In 1995 there was a loss of confidence in pension schemes (as a late baby boomer all the pension funds will have been spent by the time I reach retirement age, I suspect there are quite a lot of people on these boards in the same boat) and investors moved from pension schemes to property. However, property prices have now reached a level where they are unsustainable, hence the gradual stagnation and in some cases lowering of those prices.

wonderful nanny state of ours.

Do NOT get me started on this one. If it weren't for my parents I'd be off out of this godforsaken country. Can't do this, can't do that, this is bad for you, that is bad for you, cameras watching our every move. Orwell was right, he just got the year wrong.

I heard it all last weekend though. Despite my protestations that "I don't do portrait photography" I got roped in to take photos of the kids with Santa at the village primary school Christmas Bazaar. Got talking to one of the teachers and found out the best selling thing at any bazaar or fete - home baking - is no longer permitted for "Health & Safety reasons". WTF? I had to tell her to stop talking about it as there were children present and my swearing might not be appreciated if she continued... What the hell has this country come to when home baking is a health and safety risk?

- home baking - is no longer permitted for "Health & Safety reasons". WTF? I had to tell her to stop talking about it as there were children present and my swearing might not be appreciated if she continued... What the hell has this country come to when home baking is a health and safety risk?

a local church coffee shop had to stop selling homemade cakes, the only way around it, is to have a health inspecter go to the peeps that were doing the baking houses.......

i dunno if i would want a cake made by a 80 year old crazy woman, but i would like the choice.