Australians Removes Prime Minister Howard .

steveo

Health and safety and political correctness have gone crazy. I dont have kids of my own and I can honestly say it does not bother me. It will be an eye opener here in 50 years time. Heard the other day the board that teacher writes on in the classroom with chalk is no longer called a black board. F*** ME I said. Apparently its a chalk board. :D :D

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do NOT get me started on this one. If it weren't for my parents I'd be off out of this godforsaken country. Can't do this, can't do that, this is bad for you, that is bad for you, cameras watching our every move. Orwell was right, he just got the year wrong.

I heard it all last weekend though. Despite my protestations that "I don't do portrait photography" I got roped in to take photos of the kids with Santa at the village primary school Christmas Bazaar. Got talking to one of the teachers and found out the best selling thing at any bazaar or fete - home baking - is no longer permitted for "Health & Safety reasons". WTF? I had to tell her to stop talking about it as there were children present and my swearing might not be appreciated if she continued... What the hell has this country come to when home baking is a health and safety risk?

There must have been "talent" involved there.

We noticed in Germany how much more free certain aspects of life were.

I suppose the obvious one for all us adults is P*rn. Whether you want to look at it or not, you at least have the choice to do so if that's your "thing". There are "very adult" programmes on mainstream tv, you can switch it off if you like.

Speed limits, yes there are some but at least they are sensible, there are hundreds of cameras but the fines if you do get caught are on a sliding scale and you don't lose your licence on points tot up. Double the limit you get hammered but from stats I saw the level of bans for speeding are very low.

I'd like to think I'm a "fairly" sensible person and It galls me that I can't make the decisions I want to make because some jobs worth is making it for me. Notwithstanding certain discussions earlier this week :barf: censorship should be done at a personal level, I'll choose the lifestyle I want to live good, bad, very naughty or indifferent

I won't mention the home baking :D:D

Edited by Slapshot 3

Speed limits, yes there are some but at least they are sensible, there are hundreds of cameras but the fines if you do get caught are on a sliding scale and you don't lose your licence on points tot up. Double the limit you get hammered but from stats I saw the level of bans for speeding are very low.

Get real. The Scamerati are everywhere with their vans trying to fork a few more quid out of you and more and more drivers are being banned through totting up because they do the right thing and watch the road ahead, not their precise speed. You'll see your local Scamerati on the A90 positioned not where there is a history of accidents, or outside your daughter's school, but where they can coin the most cash in by catching drivers a few MPH over the limit on perfectly safe roads.

Speed does not kill. That is a popular misconception that the British public have bought into due to propaganda. Inappropriate speed for the road conditions is what kills. It is the same all over the country. Look at the M74. One of the quietest motorways in the UK where it is perfectly safe to do 90+, but the vans are out daily catching drivers at 1000 feet plus ranges using detection equipment that has been proven to be defective (The LTi 20:20 "Dodgyscope" is the weapon of choice of UK Police forces despite it being banned in many US States for giving erroneous readings)

As much as I hate the French, when they disagree with their Government there is civil disobedience en masse. When we disagree we simply bend over, accept it and ask for another one up the a***

BTW, my licence is clean and has been since the day I got it.

Get real. The Scamerati are everywhere with their vans trying to fork a few more quid out of you and more and more drivers are being banned through totting up because they do the right thing and watch the road ahead, not their precise speed. You'll see your local Scamerati on the A90 positioned not where there is a history of accidents, or outside your daughter's school, but where they can coin the most cash in by catching drivers a few MPH over the limit on perfectly safe roads.

Speed does not kill. That is a popular misconception that the British public have bought into due to propaganda. Inappropriate speed for the road conditions is what kills. It is the same all over the country. Look at the M74. One of the quietest motorways in the UK where it is perfectly safe to do 90+, but the vans are out daily catching drivers at 1000 feet plus ranges using detection equipment that has been proven to be defective (The LTi 20:20 "Dodgyscope" is the weapon of choice of UK Police forces despite it being banned in many US States for giving erroneous readings)

As much as I hate the French, when they disagree with their Government there is civil disobedience en masse. When we disagree we simply bend over, accept it and ask for another one up the a***

No one can argue against appropriate speed for people like you who are able to reason. Sadly there are numerous people (chavs) who cannot decide which way to go let alone what a safe speed is and although there are examples and anecdotal evidence to state the opposite cameras can be a good thing.

Anecdotally at the end of our road the b526 has been a nightmare to cross but recently the average speed has been significantly reduced due to the mobile camera. It makes it safer for my children to cross to the old peoples home,and if it was your parents there being visited by my children perhaps you would see things somewhat differently.

BTW my licence will be clean after I attend a speed awarness course on Dec 13th the first time since way back. At one stage I was on 9 points all mobile cameras I think.

I am not saying all cameras are right but as sure as eggs is eggs thay aren't all wrong either.

Don't need to get real, I wasn't talking about the uk mate, I was talking about Germany.

I'm with every other beggar, cling film round the cameras, spray paint the lenses, set em on fire...carry on, do you need a hand. I have access to a chainsaw if necessary.

PS I had three points on my licence years ago for parking in the wrong place, otherwise, mine is fine as well

a local church coffee shop had to stop selling homemade cakes, the only way around it, is to have a health inspecter go to the peeps that were doing the baking houses.......

i dunno if i would want a cake made by a 80 year old crazy woman, but i would like the choice.

I think this woman is one of the the reasons for the ''cake -laws''

click

It makes it safer for my children to cross to the old peoples home.

Jeez Dabster. I knew you were old, but never realised they'd put you in a home. :D

Joking apart, I have absolutely no objection to cameras being placed in danger areas like outside schools etc. What I do object to is them being used as further taxation on the motorist by firstly using equipment that has been proven to be defective and secondly being placed on motorways and dual carriageways that have no history of accidents with the sole intention of raising revenue on the basis that 99% will feel so intimitated on receipt of a NIP they'll just roll over and cough up.

There is NO other crime in the UK where you are FORCED by law to incriminate yourself apart from speeding. You could be a mass murderer and you have the right to silence. You could be a serial burglar and you have the right to silence. You could be a rampant paedophile and have the right to silence.

With speeding, which compared to the above offences is a minor crime, you have absolutely no right to silence. You MUST name the driver at the time or face the consequences - which has recently been upgraded to 6 points and a serious fine if you fail to name the driver at the time the henious offence of going a few MPH over the limit was committed.

Now tell me that is correct and acceptable.

Jeez Dabster. I knew you were old, but never realised they'd put you in a home. :D

Joking apart, I have absolutely no objection to cameras being placed in danger areas like outside schools etc. What I do object to is them being used as further taxation on the motorist by firstly using equipment that has been proven to be defective and secondly being placed on motorways and dual carriageways that have no history of accidents with the sole intention of raising revenue on the basis that 99% will feel so intimitated they'll just roll over and cough up.

Gonna start calling you Jeremy Clarkson.......