Need Help

billboat10

ok i have a rev 3 2001 there is no spark tryed all the normal things, so had stator rewound

still no spark so order a cdi from lampkins no probs they say next day delivery great

that was 5 weeks ago still no cdi rang and rang they coming in soon

but dont know when but they said i get it next day great

so what i wanted to know is is there any other cdi pack that can fit my bike

im fed up of not trialing i have a techno cdi pack will this work i know the wires are different

please help need to sort it out i dont fancy waiting for lampkins he aint got a clue when i rang him to day he said beta cant get hold of any

what a **** company they sell the bikes they all breakdown but they aint got the bits i have had 2 betas so far but thats my last one

thats if i can get it running to get shut of it

cheers

ok i have a rev 3 2001 there is no spark tryed all the normal things, so had stator rewound

still no spark so order a cdi from lampkins no probs they say next day delivery great

that was 5 weeks ago still no cdi rang and rang they coming in soon

but dont know when but they said i get it next day great

so what i wanted to know is is there any other cdi pack that can fit my bike

im fed up of not trialing i have a techno cdi pack will this work i know the wires are different

please help need to sort it out i dont fancy waiting for lampkins he aint got a clue when i rang him to day he said beta cant get hold of any

what a **** company they sell the bikes they all breakdown but they aint got the bits i have had 2 betas so far but thats my last one

thats if i can get it running to get shut of it

cheers

have to say, in three years or so in these forums this is the first post I've read that's unhappy with the service they've had from Lampkins, in fact when mine packed up they took one of another bike to send up to me, really unusual to hear that

I've just fitted a Lionelli Ignition system to my Sons Techno. Apparently it fits a Rev 3 easily. (see prevoius posts for details). It seems a nice (good quality) piece of kit. Steve Hardaker told me it is a common upgrade for Rev 3's as it improves reliability and performance significantly.

At around

sorry to here your problems i to am amazed to here about lampkins they are usualy on the ball with there stuff this might sound stupid but is there anyone in your local club where you ride that will let you try the cdi off there bike just to be sure that it is the cdi but if all esle fails as lampkin to send you a wiring diagram for the rev 3 and the techno and then you can trace the wires to use the techno one good luck hope you get sorted

thanks for all the help went down shed tonight and put the techno cdi coil pack on and wired it up first kick back fire so changed 2 wires round and started first time every time so if all you rev 3 owners need a cdi or coil change to the techno one its only 25 pound at jk hirst and thats cdi coil so gona try it out today let you know how it goes taking spare bike with me just in case

• 3 months later...

West Country Windings advertise they do replacement CDI units but I have no experience of them.

Anyone had one from them?

i phoned bradford ingitions ? which i thought was up north, which they were until he relocated to spain, anyway, he said that he is looking into doing a 2004 cdi, but its differant to all the other years, he also said he might have a 04 kicking around somewhere, which would be good,

i will phone West Country Windings in the morning

West Country Windings advertise they do replacement CDI units but I have no experience of them.

Anyone had one from them?

i will phone West Country Windings in the morning

just got off the phone to them, and they said they dont do them.