Fantic 403

spencer

Hi Spencer,

This is a called a Trial 300 Professional, released ex Italy 1983, 6 speed, DellOrto PHBH 26BS carb. I have oil quantity, jet sizes and other info if you need this. Don't know about spares, try Bill Pye up in Great Ayton in Cleveland, used to have heaps.

Bye, PeterB.

Hi Spencer, i do think it is a 301 from memory the first ones did have drum front and back. There are still a few spares out there Bill Pye is a good start,Bob Wright is importing a lot of Fantic stuff at the moment (01934 510333) give him a ring he is very helpful.

I see you are in TX so I can tell you exactly what you have there. It is what was known as 300 kit bike. I used to be sponsored by TMI the old Fantic importer. Well Fantic sent a couple hundred of the 300 model twinshock bikes to the US in late 85 even though they were not ordered. The importer was very ingenius and knew he would not be able to sell all of them as the mono had just come out too. So, he order frames, tanks etc, all the goodies to convert your 300 twinshock to a 301 mono. Only difference was that it still had the drum front brake!!! Hope this helps!

Cheers, Steve

I see you are in TX so I can tell you exactly what you have there. It is what was known as 300 kit bike. I used to be sponsored by TMI the old Fantic importer. Well Fantic sent a couple hundred of the 300 model twinshock bikes to the US in late 85 even though they were not ordered. The importer was very ingenius and knew he would not be able to sell all of them as the mono had just come out too. So, he order frames, tanks etc, all the goodies to convert your 300 twinshock to a 301 mono. Only difference was that it still had the drum front brake!!! Hope this helps!

Cheers, Steve

who has all those 300 frames, airboxes and exhausts cos I want them!

Here is a picture of it.

Fantic301.jpg

Hello, If you could show a picture of the other side of the bike, showing the generator cover/barrel, that would be an indication, as to wether a genuine 301 or a kit. The 301 was the 1st year of the tall flywheel, with the curved bottom fin to miss the tall flywheel.