New Car Sales.

boofont

Car supermarkets are great if you want to browse, decide and drive away in a new car within the hour. Don't expect to haggle the price down as they are sticklers for getting the full 'window' price. I've had a few cars from Motorpoint who also have a branch in Glasgow (near to you?) and also had a couple from Fords of Winsford in Cheshire.

The car supermarkets generally try to sting you with high interest rates if you are buying on HP, lease or whatever. Warranty's are usually limited so they will try to sell you additional year 2 and 3 along with GAP insurance, fancy paint treatments etc. etc.

Mention the supermarket price to a proper dealer and they will come up with the above reasons why you should pay the extra and buy from then :guinness:

http://www.autoebid.com/ work your price out from here then ring round dealers, set your figure where you will go to & stick to it, then haggle haggle haggle with them, sooner or later if you are patient someone will sell you the car at your money. Last 3 new or nearly motors I've bought have been nearly trade price & top dollar trade, just be patient & a dealer will bite.

Just make sure you see the car before you buy. We wanted a Mazda 3 TS2 off Motorpoint Derby. Despite asking them several times because of the distance and time constraints they failed to pick up a cigarette burn on the drivers seat. Luckily they had another car with a similar spec that turned out to be in better condition. I also explicitly asked that the number plates be left alone as we did not want "EU" style plates. In the end I requested the "old" plates and changed them back. The Manager came out with " But the supplying dealer has to change the Plates it's illegal not to....." guff. The only legal requirement is that the dealer supplying the PLATES has to put their address/postcode on them.

Watch yourself with warranties on European imports. It's not so much an issue as a hassle getting hold of warranty book. I can name countless Scooby drivers (myself included) who have bought European imports from the likes of Motorpoint then had no end of hassle getting hold of the service/warranty book and have manually had to register the car with Subaru UK to ensure warranties are honoured. I can't speak for other brands, but I also found out that my last Impreza, coming from Malta had one less coat of underseal on it. It's not deemed necessary over there because they don't have to salt the roads. It also came with no alarm and no locking wheelnuts. I had to get them sorted seperately. Check that you are getting a car that is complete because the savings might not be quite what they first seem.