Montesa Or Scorpa?

boner

Will be postiong the same question in the Scorpa section to see what owners have to sy there too.

Cross-posting the same topic in multiple forums is not permitted. I've moved this to general so it does not get a Montesa bias.

Build quality and reliability on the scorpa is easily as good as a mont, and an sy 250 feels much more modern + lighter to ride than a 315r..

and is bombproof, i've had shercos,monts, gassers, betas, fantics and scorpas so i've tried them all.

I've had 4 sy 250's and never had any trouble with any of them!!

and i've had 3 315r's! no trouble with the monts either.

The mont 315r is a good bike but it does feel a little bit dated to ride "10 year old technology"

try a get a ride from somebody??

I'd go for the SY!

Edited by hop blip and a jump

Build quality and reliability on the scorpa is easily as good as a mont, and an sy 250 feels much more modern + lighter to ride than a 315r..

and is bombproof, i've had shercos,monts, gassers, betas, fantics and scorpas so i've tried them all.

I've had 4 sy 250's and never had any trouble with any of them!!

and i've had 3 315r's! no trouble with the monts either.

The mont 315r is a good bike but it does feel a little bit dated to ride "10 year old technology"

try a get a ride from somebody??

ive also had two 315rs and two scorpas,and would say go for the sy,as its alot easier to ride. but both are good bikes.

Cross-posting the same topic in multiple forums is not permitted. I've moved this to general so it does not get a Montesa bias.

OK thanks Andy - will bare that in mind for the future. Sorry.

Cheers - matt.

I would SO not take the world Championships into consideration.

As anyone knows who has been close to Montesa's work bikes, they bare very little in similarity to the common, garden variety,regular, everyday Montesa that Joe average can buy.

And we all know that Honda(Montesa) have a far greater budget to "buy" the best riders, and hence World Championships.

They slipped up for a few years not snagging Raga, but I'm sure they wont let too many more slip through the net.

That's a company policy - they have done it in many disciplines not just Trials. On the other hand Scorpa have a virtually non existant budget in WTC, but they do make a brilliant motorcycle.

From purely a "which bike is better" point of view, I would choose the Scorpa hands down.

Ned

Scorpa's are great but as for Montesa's... how many world championships has the 315 won?

One thing I learned early on in Trials...in Trials competition the bike is about 10% of the equation. The rider is 90%. Top riders like Doug Lampkin will win on anything they ride. Doug won his first three on a Beta then switched to the Montesa for his next four. The bikes they ride are nothing like the bikes we ride.

Think the Scorpa is a great looking bike. :closedeyes:

My only concern is parts availability for the Scorpa, as opposed to the Mont which are everywhere.

Has getting Scorpa parts been a problem for anyone out there?

The other issue is RESALE VALUE. Is it me, or do Montesa's seem to hold there value better?

Cheers - Matt.

Edited by Boner