Trials In The United Arab Emirates.

cota kid

I think we should have a whipround to get Dom a little present to remember us by. I think a little teddy bear with a t-shirt saying "Mohammed" would be ideal :)

Which he could then stick on ebay and make a prophet... :closedeyes:

Edited by Boner

Just got back from Dubai and the customs officers said "we have never seen this type of bike before!!"

So if I did have my 4RT shipped over,the custom officer would rub his chin and say.

''I've only ever saw a bike like this once before.''

What about marks out of ten for the nightlife?

I was in Dubai 2 months ago and damn it was so hot . Rather you than me !

No doubt at some point I will miss the cold, damp miserable British weather but in the meantime I think I can put up with the heat. I'll just think of the price of fuel in the UK and the amount of income tax.

No doubt at some point I will miss the cold, damp miserable British weather but in the meantime I think I can put up with the heat. I'll just think of the price of fuel in the UK and the amount of income tax.

Are you goading me :)

:closedeyes:

Guest Oz Trials

I don't think you'll find a trials scene there. I lived in nearby Doha for 18 months and was considering importing a bike when I got moved to the US. I will say, however, that you will probably be able to ride around a lot more freely than you can in the western world...I used to ride my mountain bike around for miles across open land - passing herds of camels, people camping out etc. Landowners don't seem to get so up-tight about people passing through...after all...we're not talking about ripping up any grass etc! Dubai not a bad place - we made a number of trips across just for a bit of a break from Doha - enjoy your time there.

Got to say, we visited the Dubai a couple of years ago for a holiday... what a place!

Petrol's cheaper than water, and you get fined more for dropping rubish in the street than you do for speeding in your F40! Crazy!

Would love to go back again. Personally I'd leave the trials bike at home and go buy a V8 LandCruiser then go play in the desert!

Matt.