Swapping From Hebo To Airoh

tombo46

Im looking at changing my Hebo Zone for a Airoh Rock ( http://www.bikersdirect.co.uk/Airoh-Rock-N...lmet_A9QE1.aspx ).

im actually a size S/M in my road helmets and found my hebo size "M" to be a bit too big, so im wondering whether to switch down a side to a "S" in the airoh, does anyone know how the two companies sizing compares? I heared that Hebo's are oversized a little bit, so maybe a "M" Airoh would fit nicely?

I know the best way to find out is to try some on but I dont know anywhere that i can travel to to find out.

just looking for opinions/advice, any advice will not be thrown back in your face if it all go's to pot!

All the best

Tom

I used to wear NZI helmets and the first one I bought was a medium that fit perfectly. When that started to show it's age I bought another that was too big and had to go to a small. Now I have an ON/OFF medium and the fit drives me crazy because it constantly rotates down on my eyes. Unfortunately I had no choice but to get it because I went to put my NZI on to ride into the woods at an event and the straps ripped off the helmet in my hands. Gotta love those cheap rivets on the NZI. Oh well better they rip off in the parking lot then during a crash.

$300 is a lot to spend on something that doesn't fit.

I'd be interested in hearing from others their experience with the fit of various helmet brands. I'm also curious if YES still makes helmets.

For my road helmets I have always stuck with AGV as they fit my head pretty much perfect and in them I have now had a few size M's but I have only ever had one trials helmet, being an Airoh in a L 59-60 which fits me perfectly also ( I had the pleasure of trying the sizes on)

If you honestly can't try them on could you do a deal with the seller to send you two sizes out and you return the wrong one? Obviously you may loose a bit on postage but you only have one head.

On his part if they are unsure of the option leave them you card details they obviously have your address so that should all be fine?

This post prfectly points to why it is good to have a DEALER you know and support. Not only do helmet sizes vary so do the shape. I find Shoei Large fits fine as does xl in hevo carbon but not the other material they do, try before you buy unless you are very lucky/not bothered about fit.

WHERE ARE YOU TOMBO?? why have it a secret put it on your profile PLEASE

Thanks for the replies lads, I might have a nip round to those who shall not be named in barnsley and see if they have any to try on, and also take a looksy at a 08 beta 270 and try to talk myself into buying it (with a little help from the salesman).

Profile should be sorted =]

All the best

Tom

Have a ride over to Gas Gas as they sell them.

I've both helmets & they're the same size just the Airoh is a much better fit / helmet.