Show Me The Inside Of Your Transport,transit, Etc

edholland

Front wheel in a stand - YOU HAVE USED WORDS OR A PHRASE WHICH ARE NOT PERMITTED ON THIS WEBSITE. PLEASE DELETE YOUR POST/TOPIC. DO NOT TRY TO CIRCUMVENT THE FILTERS IN PLACE ON THIS WEBSITE or home made, ratchet from outside foot rest to corner of van roof, padding between bikes. Sofa cushions are spot on.

Sorry no pics, I don't have a van, this is how we do it in Gasserboy's van and couldn't be much quicker or better on space.

Thanks Bikespace i like the idea of using the footrests ! any info without pictures welcome offcourse ! i like to do mine with tips from this board and will post the pictures when done. If posting the pictures is a problem send me a p.m. please :thumbup:

Cheers,

image shack - type it into google and it will give you the site URL, then follow the really easy instructions :D

as to vans, most vans come with tie down points, and from what i can tell its mostly down to individuals how they tie their bikes down in a van. i'm convinced i snapped the old bars on my beta from strapping the hook to the bars, so i've brought some funky KTM tie downs that have a loops to go over the bars so you don't have metal on metal.

in our latest van, we've a very complex partition, adding a second set of seats (with seatbelts) and wheel holders that is completely removable, its probably way over the top for you though!

This is not my trailer but one that we saw at the Klamath Falls AHRMA event last fall.

He got a lot of bikes into a very small space by putting the bikes at an angle.

One row of E-track on the wall and then the inexpensive 2x4 brackets with a piece of aluminum angle bolted on it. The front tires were then pushed against the aluminum angle. I believe there was also a second row of E-track on the floor for tying down the bikes.

E-Track:

HET5P_LRG.JPG

2x4 Bracket:

WES-100_LRG.jpg

Setup:

DSC01939.jpg

With bikes:

DSC01938.jpg

Google E-Track to find a dealer.

In my cousin's van we use either this from Harbor Freight:

96349.GIF

or homemade wooden chocks. The carpet on the floor of the van holds either secure and then we just use tiedowns to secure the bikes. We don't even bolt them to the floor.

Edited by swooshdave

• 2 years later...