1. 1. Move up?

• Yes I think they should
    • No, I think they shouldn't

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi.

I think that if someone is constantly winning the club championship at novice or intermediate level for three years in succession they should be asked to move up a level or ride for no award at the lower level to stop the trophy hunters. It may seem a bit harsh but I know of some riders that are deliberately not moving up a level because they like winning. They are stagnating in ability and frustrating other riders too.

from what i have seen, there are a lot of riders that could and have riden the next level, but choose not to , due to age or not wanting to damage there bikes, i ride the easy route as i have'nt the ability to ride anything harder, however i never joined the sport for prizes so its not such a problem for myself and i am only looking at it from the bottom ( so to speak )

having said all that i think there are people who should be riding to there ability.

the alternative routes and over fifty classes have gone a long way to improve things, the easy route should mean exactly that, worryingly i have noticed some YELLOW routes getting harder, i hope this is not to please the many who now ride below there ability, or could i be getting any worse!!! :thumbup:

In my opinion, (and this probably isn't going to be popular) if a rider enjoys winning on the easy route and doesn't wish to move onto a harder route, then I have no problem with that at all.

Remember we all (most of us) ride for fun and providing the organisers don't make the easy routes harder to cater for the better riders who could move up, then then answer is for the lesser lights to stop 'wishing the opposition away' and to concentrate on riding better.

I regularly see an older former expert on the C route who looses one or two marks. He often appologises but asks us to remember that he doesn't want to damage either of his artificial hip joints.

We all need to go to work the next day, so if it's easy you like then please feel free to ride the easy route.

I agree it should be your choice to ride for fun instead of working at it so offer to ride outside the points and keep your card at the end, that way the new guys coming through who are working hard to improve their riding get just rewards for their efforts. I'm sure the organisers will have no issue with that.

If you want to appear in the results list then ride in the class your ability dictates

Do we say the same about the same old rider that keep's coming in 3rd,he should be moving up a class,we could say that all the way down the line.If you can't match or beat the man that come's in 1st all the time what chance do you have when you feel it's time for you to move up a class,the man that come's in 1st is your target to beat and if that look's a long way for you then maybe it's your own riding skill's that need to be looked at.

Trial's is a very slow progress sport and then one day everything fall's into place then your be 1st all the time.