Scorpa '05 1254st

vinnied

• 4 weeks later...

spoke to scorpa uk and there will be a 125 4T and a 150 4T racing model in 05 . The 150 is a kit developed in conjuction with yamaha france especially for trials not an adapted motocross TTR kit and reputedly gives a real sweet bottom to midrange and then fitted to a specced up 125 with ALL the trick bits off the sy250 2t . the price will be around 3500 which is either good value or not depending on how you look at things , so for me its a toss up tween this 150 or a new pro gasser but moving up to a 300 !!! :rolleyes:

spoke to scorpa uk and there will be a 125 4T and a 150 4T racing model in 05 . The 150 is a kit developed in conjuction with yamaha france especially  for trials not an adapted motocross TTR kit and reputedly gives a real sweet bottom to midrange and then fitted to a specced up 125 with ALL the trick bits off the sy250 2t . the price will be around 3500 which is either good value or not depending on how you look at things , so for me its a toss up tween this 150 or a new pro gasser but moving up to a 300 !!!  :rolleyes:

I presume the 150 'Scorpa kit' will have another cam supplied? or a higher or lower comp piston? I'm not sure what's in the TTR kit.

What are the other mods off the Two stroke?? I know some folks have moaned about the front brake being a bit poor and some have fitted a twin piston caliper, @ the moment mines fine with the std single piston set up.

The suspension is fine too, I'd have to have a go on a 150 kitted model to see if it's worth the while spending on the little bike.

Never mind the engine and cycle mods......what about that pig ugly back mudguard :lol::D

Edited by Marky G

It's not just the back mudguard (although it is bad) somehow the whole bike just doesn't look right, it's not pleasing to the eye, there's something about it's proportions that makes it look......UGLY!

That may not matter to a lot of folks but i couldn't live with it.

But hey, at least we have a choice.

as far as i know its not a kit as much (although maybe available as such ) as more a complete bike and the way it was described to me by the uk importer it is basically a SY250 2t but with the 150 4t motor in it . as far as the reference to the ttr kit what i meant was (his words NOT MINE ) that the 143cc kit that is floating about is aimed at making the ttr fun bike /crosser a better moto-x bike not to endowe it with lots of bottom to mid range grunt which is as we all know is what a trials iron needs , these are i remind all of you his words not mine !!! :rolleyes: and sorry he didnt mention the back muddy !!

Edited by lastplacebrad

If you check the Scorpa France website, their accessories catalog includes the parts for the 150cc kit for the current 125.

The 2005 model lineup will include a complete 150cc bike. No information yet on whether it will be more akin to the current 125, or the 250.

The 125 could benefit from a styling exercise, but I don't think you have to jump over the the current 250 as a starting place. The current 125 just needs some tweeks here and there to improve the look.

spoke to uk importer again today there will be a 150cc full-on RACING model, as in same spec sussies etc as 250 2t , other than that cant tell you much else as im a gasser pro rider ,just im ready for a change and quite fancy a 4t and i used to own a 250easy ages ago and i dont fancy a kick start hi tech 4t !!! :wacko:

The 4st comes in 125 and 175 the 175 is actually 160 the 175 is a factory bike. I have been told the bikes will be in 1st week in September, the 175 has all the special bits on it, Forks etc.etc.

Vinnie

Edited by Vinnied

Think that is Gubain, from france who is leading the Championship with our Alexz Wigg going into the last round. The guy minding for him was riding the 160 in the French 4 day that I mentioned before. If it is a 150 I would be suprised but it sounds very different to a standard 125. Section 3 on the first lap he was suffering a bad misfire and a "mechanic" appeared from the crowd and sorted the problem. Interesting.