Cheng Shin Tyres

tdp

tdp,

Where do you live?

What size tires are you looking for. If it's 21" front and a 18" rear don't waste your money on

a Cheng Shin. Go with a Michelin, IRC or a Dunlop.

If it's the smaller sizes good tires are almost impossible to find.

We thought we'd see some of the Vee Rubber 19" and 17" by now, where are they?

Never seen one or tried it but when I first started trials I thought I'd save a bit of cash by buying a set of Barums for my twinshock Bult.

Big mistake,I thought it was just my riding (though i'm still not much better) until a few guys told me they were crap and to ditch them.

Changed to Michelins and what a difference.Grip!

My advice would be to leave well alone,save your money until you can afford a Michelin or Dunlop.I've never tried an IRC.

tdp,

Where do you live?

What size tires are you looking for. If it's 21" front and a 18" rear don't waste your money on

a Cheng Shin. Go with a Michelin, IRC or a Dunlop.

If it's the smaller sizes good tires are almost impossible to find.

We thought we'd see some of the Vee Rubber 19" and 17" by now, where are they?

Gloucestershire, UK.

I was after tubed 21f & 18r and tubless 18r.

I've already got a rear tubed Cheng Shin to try for pre65, had ordered tubless for modern but think I'll cancel now. Thanks for the feedback.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggghhhhh Cheng Shin tyres tried to kill me when I lived in Perth W.A. Crashed my RS250 on the roundabout outside the WACA. Back tyre just let go and I went from lock to lock for about 200 yards, just as I though I had saved it it decided to grip again and spat me over the high side. Broke my ankle and my wrist. As Paul W said ditch finders, bloody awful vile hatfeul, cursed, attrocious, bobbins, rubbish, crap pants not fit for purpose hoops of woe you could ever put on a bike. rant over. Wow I feel cleansed.

I've never tried an IRC.

I've used them over the years on some of my bikes.

Cheaper....Needs a little more air pressure (wiggle factor)....casing doesn't conform to the surface as well as a Michelin...soft good grip but they wear out faster.

Now all I use is Michelin. Great grip and the construction of the casing conforms to the terrain better.

Dunlop cheaper but have have never used them. Our X National Champ has used them.