Endurocross / Trials Cross

brian r

Well, I haven't seen a topic on this but maybe I'm blind. It seems the Endurocross winers got their way.

No trials bikes allowed! Was it the riders? Was it the promoters? What ever it was, they got their way and

IMHO are a bunch of babies!! Next year trophies should be pacifiers and teddy bears. The good news is they

won't be able to pass off their genes to the next generation as they don't have any gonads.

Well, I haven't seen a topic on this but maybe I'm blind. It seems the Endurocross winers got their way.

No trials bikes allowed! Was it the riders? Was it the promoters? What ever it was, they got their way and

IMHO are a bunch of babies!! Next year trophies should be pacifiers and teddy bears. The good news is they

won't be able to pass off their genes to the next generation as they don't have any gonads.

Trials bikes will be allowed, they will just have their own class.

Jon

Trials bikes will be allowed, they will just have their own class.

Which I don't see the point of. The cool thing was watching trials bikes race and beat the big bikes.

Do trials riders have much interest in racing each other? The race also won't be too exiting since trials riders will just be too smooth around the track to make it interesting. A boring trials race won't do too much to help our sport.

oh dear...........i appear to have made a dreadfull gaff.............i was looking in at work and wanted to get the post on before i was noticed.......i will do the decent thing and fall on a long screwdriver post haste. :shutup:

The race also won't be too exiting since trials riders will just be too smooth around the track to make it interesting.

Chris, you obviously forgot that my knee is better and I'm going back to Endurocross. Section 2's stadium jump this weekend was a nice warm up. Of course it was funny to see the expression on other trials riders faces when I exited the section. I guess there are still some trials guys that haven't seen a Monty get air.

Which I don't see the point of. The cool thing was watching trials bikes race and beat the big bikes.

Do trials riders have much interest in racing each other? The race also won't be too exiting since trials riders will just be too smooth around the track to make it interesting. A boring trials race won't do too much to help our sport.

+1

was at the Denver race, watching the trials bikes mix it up with the big bikes was the best part of the race. it's a real shame to lose that!

New EnduroCross rules.

Trialcross: Any size Trials motorcycle or any motorcycle with a wheelbase under 55 inches. Bikes like the Honda CRF150 will be allowed. Trials tires are allowed on any motorcycle in this class. Must be 16 years of age as of race date. Maximum of 20 race entries.

Expert Class: Any production motorcycle with a wheel base over 55 inches. Trials motorcycles are not allowed. Trials Tires are NOT allowed. Must be 16 years of age as of race date. Maximum of 80 race entries.

For the first round of 2008 these riders will be the top ten finishers in the 2007 series and get byes: David Knight, Damon Huffman, Nick Brozovich, Taddy Blazusiak, Keith Wineland, Mika Ahola, Mike Lafferty, Colton Haaker, David Pearson and Geoff Aaron.

Edited by City Trials

New EnduroCross rules.

Trialcross: Any size Trials motorcycle or any motorcycle with a wheelbase under 55 inches. Bikes like the Honda CRF150 will be allowed. Trials tires are allowed on any motorcycle in this class. Must be 16 years of age as of race date. Maximum of 20 race entries.

How do you get them to think you're sixteen?

City Trials Posted Yesterday, 03:15 PM

New EnduroCross rules.

Expert Class: Any production motorcycle with a wheel base over 55 inches. Trials motorcycles are not allowed. Trials Tires are NOT allowed. Must be 16 years of age as of race date. Maximum of 80 race entries.

For the first round of 2008 these riders will be the top ten finishers in the 2007 series and get byes: David Knight, Damon Huffman, Nick Brozovich, Taddy Blazusiak, Keith Wineland, Mika Ahola, Mike Lafferty, Colton Haaker, David Pearson and Geoff Aaron.

The whiners and complainers have gotten their way...but only in this round. If enough riders show up and enter on trials bikes, the promoters will do as we (the trials guys) demand. We need to be a significant part of the equation though. I suppose the thinking is still that trials riders are just a few renegades in a world of "dirt bikes". I think that the advantage and talent of the trials riders has gotten the attention of the other riders and promoters. Let's show up in numbers to ride and qualify and see what happens then. Even better- if trials riders can enter both classes and kick butt on TWO sides of the fence, that will get their attention.

On the tires, I suppose it's best to run one style of tire, perhaps trials tires will be allowed as the ONLY tire in the future, as it does work best in those conditions.

I must admit it's only a dream for me as I will not be able to qualify at that level, but I will continue to support the national series as well as the new sport on a local level. Remember our three race E-cross series in MI this summer! (bring those trials bikes!)

Keith A.

Another thought as I re-read my post... Look at what the sport of road motorcyling is doing right now. For years it was about going faster and jumping higher. The new trend is toward technical and difficult riding (E- Cross, Last Man Standing, etc) Is this an opportunity for the trials community???