50 Years Of Bultaco

greeves

Oh no, only trials bikes admitted in my house, no limit, but only trials. I must admit I like very much the first Fronteras and Matador, but I had an accident in Madrid in a Vespa 20 years ago when a taxi driver choosed crashing on me instead crashing on a bus, and I promised myself to use only trials bikes.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Javier, how did you get your hands on that. My parents have a pic of me somewhere aged 5 or 6 on that very bike, Lex Allan (second owner) is an old family friend, in fact I think my old man won a couple of club trials on that bike

Edited by Slapshot 3

Javier, how did you get your hands on that. My parents have a pic of me somewhere aged 5 or 6 on that very bike, Lex Allan (second owner) is an old family friend, in fact I think my old man won a couple of club trials on that bike

1st owner George Forbes, Aberdeen. I put Javier in touch with George some time ago, he sent photos of the restoration and a story how he bought the bike etc etc, never got a reply. Some folks don't value the past I suppose!

Big John

Hi Slapshot: It is a long story, but I can tell you that bike was in the ebay for a long time as "unidentified motorcycle" arround 5 years ago, with a photo of it sharing space with some cows. Funny to see your father rided it and even won with it. Maybe that bike should return to Scotland.

BJ, maybe Mr. Forbes never got the letter?? Who knows.

Sorry Greeves i have to ask the question:What on Earth was you doing riding a Girl's Bike in the first place? :thumbup:

Girls bike??? Not in southern Europa and 20 years ago, here it was a good option to move inside the city. It was not pink, it was blue......

• 2 weeks later...

I was looking in the Batcave for something and came across this, haven't seen it for a while!

Believe it or not it still has it's original mudguards it wore when it left the factory in 1979!

Big John

post-26-1203362734.jpg

Same bike when running it in, February 1979...

post-26-1203367035.jpg

Edited by Big John