50 Years Of Bultaco

greeves

Snr Greeves,

Extended front exhaust pipe, not frame down tube. Exhaust pipe looks longer at the front than standard?

Frame tubes at rear straightened where they meet rear mudguard.

Lovely bike and what a beautiful setting to take the photos.

Edited by jezza

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you started the countdown for Robregordo?? We will have a special event there for the 50 years of Bultaco.

Hi Greeves.

Im counting,Im running out of finger's and toe's though so i might be abit early to the party :) like 3 month's early.

Snr Greeves,

Extended front exhaust pipe, not frame down tube. Exhaust pipe looks longer at the front than standard?

Frame tubes at rear straightened where they meet rear mudguard.

Lovely bike and what a beautiful setting to take the photos.

Sorry, my English is not so good, made a mistake. front exhaust pipe is strictly original but has been bended slightly to prevent it touching the modified tank and burning it. Maybe this makes it looks longer in the front. There is a gap of arround 1 cm. between the tank and the exhaust, normally this rebuilt (narrower) tanks touch the exhaust and at last loose petrol there.

Pay attention to the swingarm.........

Setting is in Segovia, lovely place indeed

David is cleaning them again tonight, he has finished the Sherpa 199 and is ready to start to the Matchless then the mod.49!

Here he is in the bowels of the Batcave hard at work, it is cold, hence the Castrol Honda wooly hat!

But he's still smiling despite the cold because he knows when you pop your clogs, they're his :)

Ok then, I'll rephrase the question: -

How much would a bike like that cost? (As in a mint condition Bultaco, Ossa, Honda etc.)

Ta.

Im slowly doing a full resto job on an old montesa cota247,i've set a guide price of

Edited by bilc0

I hadn't thought of that! :)

Big John

He already has.......David and I talked about "the Legacy" before prefers the Impreza but can't wait to get his hands on the legacy..... :) you want to be careful next time he offers to make dinner and I'd avoid taking sugar in tea and coffee, his request about where he could get copious amounts of arsenic were slightly worrying......

Snr Greeves, that 340 is a very special looking piece of kit

Ok then, I'll rephrase the question: -

How much would a bike like that cost? (As in a mint condition Bultaco, Ossa, Honda etc.)

Ta.

Honest answer is it's impossible to say.

A standard Bultaco 340 in very good nick seems to make about

Did I ask a taboo question or something? :)

Kinell you know you did.

We all know about how much all this work cost, but here in Spain it is considered "rude" to tell the others :) . You have to options, first do them yourself (you will need good mechanical skills + time + tools + space + .......) and second let another person do it for you, in this last option you will need to add of course the working time of the mechanic, and good ones can be very expnsive.

There is another sub - option, that is to take out the ideas you like from this bike and gradually introduce them in your bike. Cheaper than the other 2.

Well Greeves,

That is one gorgeous Bultaco. Is that the one you want to trade for the Royal Enfield ?

What was the bike Jon was riding ?

Tony

What about this one for the Enfield?? Puma Racing engine, a very good bike.......

Jon rode his Francis Barnett.