Sooner Cup

hensley

Yes, I will try to get there thursday or early friday. I have to leave midday sunday for a school in Atlanta on monday morning but with a tailwind and some luck I will get to ride both days.

I hope you have been putting some time on that "Stroker". Are you thinking big bore? You know there is no replacement for displacement. No, just throwing road stuff at you. Speaking of "Big" that would be the size of a stock GG fuel tank. Thanks to my PAL, mine now holds significantly less. With a full tank I can just make a short loop at Tish. You get the picture. Good thing it wasn't my new Raga. When he comes back I'm going to make sure he runs out of gas on the far side of Steve's house and make him push it back for punishment.

I do hope you are healing up. Hopefully, I will get the chance to go riding with you soon.

See you there....................................

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just looked the weather up Sat sunny and 70 degrees, Sun 72 degrees 30 percent chance.

Dont know about anyone else but ive got a bad case of cabin fever which the sooner cup should pretty much cure. Anyone know whether Ben and Bear are coming down from way up north.

Just looked the weather up Sat sunny and 70 degrees, Sun 72 degrees 30 percent chance.

Dont know about anyone else but ive got a bad case of cabin fever which the sooner cup should pretty much cure. Anyone know whether Ben and Bear are coming down from way up north.

\

It was 68 degrees and sunny when I left Tish a couple of hours ago. A little cool in the morning but just a sweatshirt was almost too much in the later sun. Some nice water in the creek and lots of nice grippy quartz composite rocks to hop on and great moisture content in the ground without being sloppy. The Amateur (morning and afternoon levels) sections look good and the Masters shouldn't complain they are not challenged enough with technical stuff (many of the Masters ride Nationals and like an above average difficulty Trial for practice) and the lower classes will have fun. I rode the loop several times cleaning sections and even I didn't get lost...

The Pro sections are spectacular to say the least. Very spectator friendly and most easy to get to by foot quickly with #1 just below the house. Brian was talking about having the Pros ride a couple of sections at a time before moving on so the spectators can follow the action.

Shan will be up North at a Supercross so I'll try to get some shots for TC. The Pro sections are very photogenic!

I'll be down there early Friday to run the Pros through tech. See ya'll at the Cup!

Jon

ps. I told Ma Nature to hold off on the snow till after the Trial, even though it would make a lot of Northern riders feel at home.....:)