Montesa Cota 349/4 Pictures.

348mate

Hi S_M,

Well done on a superb job, your bike has got to be one of the best ive seen, Im restoring a 200 1981 im keeping to a tight budget so may not achieve the same level as yourself,

have a look on my web page www.OSSA-restoration.piczo.com on the Mont restoration page,

Im having trouble finding a Seat pad do you know of a supplier, and what is your Gear lever from.

All the best,

Vaughan.

Nice - I had one of those back in '84 although it was the last all red model (same bike underneath the colour though) Footrest position didn't bother me then but I was a bit more bendy then.... If I had one now I'd have to lower them.

Lovely engine, so torquey, loads of grip but typical snatchy Mont clutch and if you caught the gear lever on a rock that was the end of the pawls and the trial.

Handled well and I really liked it. One day....

great looking bike ! i think the 349 is the best looking of them all i love the tank on the 349 models. Is the framepart i made yellow in the picture stock or is it welded there for extra strength ? all other 349,s i,ve seen have a removable piece like the 348.

Cheers,

348mate.jpg

Hi DabDab,

That great guitarist is Andres Segovia, born in 1893 down south in Linares, Jaen in Andalucia. A maestro in the true sense of the word. Segovia the city was once the base for Ferdinand and Isabella, the King and Queen of Spain in the late 1400's, "Los Reys Catolicos" (The catholic kings) who were famous for pushing out the Moors from Spain and supporting Columbus on his travels to the New World.

That 349 is a stunning looking bike. I had a 348 in the 70's and always thought the footrests were too high, even after lowering them I couldn't get on with the bike and after 3 weeks traded it in on a new 325 Bultaco that I kept for the next 10 years.

Bye, PeterB.