Off Season Training

jreilly

RATS!

I would like to go to Fun in the Sun! But have other obligations.

Dont forget the Vintage Flat Track is near Hardrock and that is a blast to watch in the evening! :)

Kieth,

Sorry, you will not be able to make my comp this year, will see how everyone feels about it afterwards in regards to hosting one in 2009.

I think it will be a success, with all the moisture my parking remains solid and its early enough to advoid the mosquito bloom.

sam

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

windfall Posted Today, 09:39 AM

Biff, let me know when you're headed down to the Rouge. Not Sat. though, I'm taking the CCW class. I haven't even looked at my bike since Thanksgiving weekend. I definately am going to need some riding time before Sam's event!

Hey Windfall you will need that CCW in the Rouge. :)

I have looked at my bike alot since Thanksgiving. I have seen the inside of the engine, the frame totally empty, etc....

Too much OT at work at this time of year, not enough time for fun stuff. But pays for bike parts.

firstgear Posted Today, 10:03 AM

Ok. Biff & Joe and the rest of you guys.. enough with the practicing..So far my training has been adding the extra layer needed to stay warm outside

if I do attempt to ride..

My training has been saying nasty 4 letter words at my Sherco (still in pieces) and increasing my layer of natural insulation.

My training has been saying nasty 4 letter words at my Sherco (still in pieces) and increasing my layer of natural insulation.

They say cross training is a proven method to becoming a better rider. Now I know how it's done!

Zippy

Maybe you and I should look into producing a video of "habits not to fall into" during trials training??

Just a thought??? Plenty of videos on the market showing proper training both on and off the bike..

Maybe its time for a good old bad habit video.. Between a half dozen of us MI guys we could really come up

with something??

Zippy

Maybe you and I should look into producing a video of "habits not to fall into" during trials training??

Just a thought??? Plenty of videos on the market showing proper training both on and off the bike..

Maybe its time for a good old bad habit video.. Between a half dozen of us MI guys we could really come up

with something??

Seems we always have a few adventurous snowbirds show for a good time down here during the winter months. Ben Winterer comes to mind! And last time he brought Bear with him! The Sooner Cup event will be the premier event this year and all are invited! There will folks from all over the place, just like Patrick that will come to enjoy the riding and make a week of it! :)

Firstgear,

Yep, pretty sure a few of us could fill lots of video of things not to do for training, or riding for that matter. Sounds like a good idea, and pretty easy to do, wonder if there is a market. :)

Hey copie

unfortunatley for me I gotta refer back to the doggone OT at work statement, and my travel allowence from the accountant is pretty slim. But I would LOVE to go to the Fun in the sun two day and the Sooner cup.

Edited by ZIPPY

Firstgear,

Yep, pretty sure a few of us could fill lots of video of things not to do for training, or riding for that matter. Sounds like a good idea, and pretty easy to do, wonder if there is a market. ;)

Hey copie

unfortunatley for me I gotta refer back to the doggone OT at work statement, and my travel allowence from the accountant is pretty slim. But I would LOVE to go to the Fun in the sun two day and the Sooner cup.

Dude, you need to get that bike running so you can snort some 2 stroke fumes in the shed! :rotfl:

Biff,

Again I would like to say thanks.

To see more thanks to Biff Check out the 2.9 torque specs topic in Sherco forum. Look at last Zippy post on page 2.

(I couldn't get the link thingy to work)

Wow a video of me staying ON the bike. :rotfl:

Dang that bike sounds so much better, and looks good too.

Edited by ZIPPY

Snowbirds! Look at that snow, that is just sick! It was about 80f here today!

And if I had to say, someone needs to tell Biff not ot put the whole bike in the powdercoat oven! It seems kinda harsh on the rest of the plastics and gas tank! It could explode! :rotfl:;)

Snowbirds! Look at that snow, that is just sick! It was about 80f here today!

And if I had to say, someone needs to tell Biff not ot put the whole bike in the powdercoat oven! It seems kinda harsh on the rest of the plastics and gas tank! It could explode! :rotfl:;)

Man cope you set yourself up for this one.....

Its a SHERCO! Chances of explosion are high regardless of the oven being present or not....

My maita got stuck in his driveway on the way out. Its amazing how much mud and snow act the same. Good cross training.

Jim,

Sorry we took over your post. I have been meaning to tell you. I went to lake placid to go skiing the other week and got really sick. Didnt hit any of the snow. Your vid makes me jealous. I spent major coin for nothin. My girlfriend had a good time so i had that going for me... Michigan has lots to be desired in the skiing department. Being from upstate ny I was spoiled at too early of an age.

--Biff