Beta Rev Gear Oil

dwdwdw

I don't think it is, the beta will need very light gear oil or at a push ATF otherwise the clutch will drag

I was advised to use a good quality automatic transmission fluid too. That was by my local Beta dealer. He also stated that it will help eliminate clutch drag. Just change it every couple of rides and it will be fine.

He nor the bike has not let me down yet.......

Hello all I have just got a beta rev3 in the manual it says use BARDAHL GEARBOX 20W40 oil in the gearbox is this the same as Halfords 20/40 car engine oil? all the best Clive

Clive

I have always used MT75 spec gear oil in my beta box. It is light weight, fully synthetic heavy load gear oil, and is about half the price of an equivalent motorcycle gear oil. Plus it is a nice red color which goes pink as soon as it gets some water in it so you can see as soon as the water pump seal goes. ,

• 3 weeks later...

The times I've tried ATF in a Beta I hated it.

I couldn't agree more. I have tried ATF twice with horrible results. I have been using Mobile 1 synthethic for some time and find it works great. Being more readily available and cheaper I tend to change the oil much more frequently.

I couldn't agree more. I have tried ATF twice with horrible results. I have been using Mobile 1 synthethic for some time and find it works great. Being more readily available and cheaper I tend to change the oil much more frequently.

Yup I've used Mobil1 as well with good results.

Can anyone tell me the difference between dexron 2 and dexron 3 ATF oil...and which one people use in there rev3...

I've used them both. I didn't felt any difference between them. The feeling of the clutch was the same, the colour of the oil was the same. I'm using dexron 3 now.