Ssdt 2008 Spectating

pancho247

I would like to go and watch the SSDT this year and as i have never been before I dont have a clue what part of scottyland it is in. Anyone know where i can get some maps?

Thanks

Are you kidding?,

If not pop Fort Wiliam into google or go to WH Smith and ask for a road map of Great Britain.

I believe the daily routes are published on the SSDT website nearer the time

Hope this helps

to say he knows every road up there is not quite right - he's certainly been over most of them - in both directions!

if you are looking for maps ;last years are still on the ssdt website under downloads / 2007 event and each map is listed under 'monday route' etc but 2008 routes WILL BE DIFFERENT - however it will point you in the right direction

try thE link below

linky thing

Edited by overthehill

Has anyone taken the train to Rannoch to watch the sections near the station.....? If so how long/far a walk is it from the station, as my family were thinking of trying it this year instead of the long drive to chair lift then back to Fersit.

Thanks

Has anyone taken the train to Rannoch to watch the sections near the station.....? If so how long/far a walk is it from the station, as my family were thinking of trying it this year instead of the long drive to chair lift then back to Fersit.

Thanks

two points

the sections at Rannoch are miles away from the station and the sections are pretty straightforward stuff anyway.

however if we get to use the sections at Corrour old lodge this year they are a bit better and about 3 miles from Corrour station - a much nicer walk to the head of loch ossian and up the old 'road to the isles' path.

however a word of warning - depending on the estate, we sometimes have to use lower down sections which are pretty flat river sections and not that exciting. we will be able to tell you nearer the time though.

secondly, (and here's one to get the regulars talking) you are assuming that the thursday run finishes at Fersit :mellow:

Edited by overthehill

(however if we get to use the sections at Corrour old lodge this year )

after running a speed check is the p***ing rain all day last year ,i hope so!!

don't worry - due to you guys the estate was well pleased - its just the erosion on the top path that means we may not get to the sections.

back this year for more??

Edited by overthehill

secondly, (and here's one to get the regulars talking) you are assuming that the thursday run finishes at Fersit :mellow:

I often wondered why you gave us such a leisurely ride back down the road from fersit, when there is so much moor and track between there and FW, you should pop up on the moor again to Alt Na Lairige, and off road it all the way back to town, the riders complain when they get too cold going down the road all the time.

It would make Thursday a full day, not the half day it is now.

I often wondered why you gave us such a leisurely ride back down the road from fersit, when there is so much moor and track between there and FW, you should pop up on the moor again to Alt Na Lairige, and off road it all the way back to town, the riders complain when they get too cold going down the road all the time.

There's a word for your sort, it rhymes with stunt.

its easy seeing who is'nt riding this year - never mind - I'll let them all know that it was your idea to put the BOG back in on Saturday Ishy.

what i meant to say was "you are assuming that the thursday run includes Fersit "