08 3.2 Opinions

asc

Ok Wayne, I want tell you about the bike you could ride here at the end of the month but instead i'll let you have a go on the 08 2.9 sitting in the garage,

before you get your 3.2. I'll line up some guys for you to ride with and I can go watch.

Ok Wayne, I want tell you about the bike you could ride here at the end of the month but instead i'll let you have a go on the 08 2.9 sitting in the garage,

before you get your 3.2. I'll line up some guys for you to ride with and I can go watch.

"I want tell you about the bike you could ride here at the end of the month "

And if I just had my Big Bore kit! You would really like it! :)

i've heard that the sherco 4t's have just the same amount of power than the 4rt's but the 4rt's are a lot more popular, the only time i've ever seen one was at hawkstone park 2007 and they seemed quite good to me

I think that the Sherco 3.2 and 4rt's power are Not the same.

Here is a test about the four stroke bikes:

(The black line is the Sherco, and the red is the Montesa. The Sherco has 20 hp, but the Montesa has only 17 hp.)

(Down, you can see the torque, Montesa 20.5 Nm, Sherco 26 Nm).

nyomatek.jpg

Hey fkrisztian,

Where did this information come from?

Best of balance.

Neo

It's scanned from a motocross (and trial) magazine. Here's the website: http://www.motocrossdigital.com. It appeared in 2007. dec.

You can download the magazine in electronic format from here:

http://www.motocrossdigital.eu/online/down....php?rivista=13

Unfortunately I've not found any information of the 2 stroke motorcycles. I would be interested, too, because I ride a 2 stroke Beta.

That chart comes from a seven page 4 stroke shootout. Great read. Great mag. Download previous issues, there are good reviews on new bikes. The mag is mainly MX but there is always a section on trials.

I've riden both an 05 Montesa and an 07 3.2. The 3.2 has more power, no contest. I thought the 3.2 felt more like a modern two stroke. You could ride with a little more clutch. The Montesa "felt" heavier to me. Not suer if it actually is or not. They both have excelent build quality. If I had a choice I'd go with the Sherco.

• 4 weeks later...

Have they really cured the starting issues?

I have owned one of the scorpa, sherco, and finally the monty 4 bangers

The real issue with the sherco was hot start,the motor was fine,probably better than the monty from a fourstroke angle,but it would never start reliably.

The monts allways start that is why they are more poppular